The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

HoggerDrew, Good plan! Remove all those ugly waterfront condos and hotel towers to make room for more scenic rail yards. Delete the Gardiner Expressway as well. ;)

The Continental Limited at Hades Door
089-C71-E7-5-C44-456-D-A5-D8-77-F6-DEE65181.jpg

Rapido 66 gets underway off Track 8 for Windsor, passing CP's John Street Roundhouse and TOFC tracks, follwed with a view from the newly opened CN Tower looking down into CP's yard, then a long shot looking west over both roundhouses

20220108001633-1.jpg

20220108001720-1.jpg

20220108002543-1.jpg

Last edited:
Update coming: CN Halifax & Southwestern (Chester Sub), still got a lot more work to do but I'll be updating the route soon.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Looking good VIA!

@Casey: I'm going to leave the Gardiner up as I've settled on 1976-1980/2 as my era, so the Tower is up but Spadina roundhouse hasn't started coming down yet

Quick shot from Bathurst St looking down into the throat of the Spadina yards as a WB GO train splits the uprights heading to Oakville
20220109032744-1.jpg

"leading exporter of Thingamajigs, Coffins on Display" :hehe:

What's going to show up next in Trainz Landscape? Can't wait to see............:cool:

Our Asset Builders are really coming up with out of this world items for us to play with......Thank you for sharing.........:wave:

Thanks Gary and Blue, Glad you are enjoying the pics. I enjoy visiting the DLS with my morning coffee to see what new work the Asset Builders have posted.
casey

That route of yours is looking great, Casey!
HoggerDrew and VIA6415, nice work on your routes as well.

It's a nippy -33C morning on the Watrous Sub.
Cheers, Jack
8TtzPlu.jpg
[/IMG]

Frosty shot there Jack. Does that -33c include the windchill?

Chuck Shank's factory manufactures and ships over 3000 WhatZits a day. He depends on rail to get them to market.
WhatZits.jpg

Frosty shot there Jack. Does that -33c include the windchill?

Well, it could, but it doesn't need to. Winter days below -30c are fairly common in the prairies. Heck, my own Ottawa (definitely not in the prairies!) just saw an overnight low of -31c a couple of days ago ...

Are most of those items msgapper's thingamijiggies?

Most of them are indeed SAP Industrial Machinery by MSGSapper with more arriving almost everyday. I’m constantly amazed and grateful for the quality and quantity of assets coming from content contributors like Bob. This SIM just keeps getting better. IMO
Cheers,
casey

Casey, that's a truly amazing scene in your last shot! Very well done!

As for the temperature, that would be without the wind-chill factored in. We had a -40.4C night a few weeks ago (no wind-chill) but if you want to know, we had -50C wind-chill a couple times this month.

Cheers, Jack

Thanks Jack! Windchill factors into my decision to go out or stay in. Minus 50c windchill would have me huddling by the heat from the computer while running Trainz. ;)
casey

Back