The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

CN/CP Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

A few shots of trains around Revelstoke.

Every time I go to Revelstoke, I grab a burger and a root beer and hang out in the park next to the Columbia River for just such an occasion as below.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am honored to share this thread with such incredible talent showing Canadian railroading, past and present.
To CaseyBerg, evilcrow, HoggerDrew, jackyamstel, Enzo1, and rs2007...HUGE thumbs up! thanks.
Claude

Ken, what can I say? Beautiful shots as always!
Nice one, Casey. I like the motel sign.
Claude, great shots from you as well. The last time I was in Revelstoke my wife and I went to the railway museum. There was an old gentleman in the cab of engine 5468 who had long ago worked the CPR as an engineer. I could have talked with him for hours but there were others waiting behind me. The stories he could have told!

Cheers, Jack

TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Viktor Lake to Ross Peak and Glacier

i know i lag behind with all those virtuose trainzers posting here regurlarly and I sit/work in the back of the train which happens to be the terrace of the train so the views are spectacular at times.
Normally you get fresh air on my mountainous routes but the steam excursion keeps the bugs away to say the positive note.
Hi Charlielima,Jack and all others well doen you guys keep this thread alive and well fed.
Here some of my quick and dirty impressions this morning and than back to Calgary working on my route there.
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-2.jpg
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-3.jpg
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-4.jpg
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-5.jpg
Roy%27s--TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-steam-6.jpg

Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-Revelstoke-steam-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Jack, Roy
Roy, nice work on Revelstoke. Seems to be the theme of the day. I am looking forward to the Spiral Tunnels, Banff and Canmore (spent a lot of time in Canmore) as well as the cement plant in Exshaw. Keep up the great work.

TS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Baker Crk to West of Calgary

Lafarge,Exshaw as good as it gets with available tools and assets....
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes-Lafarge%2CExshaw.jpg
Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-routes%2C-Lafarge%2CExshaw-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jack as usual you are one of the old faithful and post real nice shots sometimes very dramatic and wonderful even though prarie shots could be monotone of sort you make it look very alive. Great job.
stay home stay healthy do not trust president dumb and acolites even though its a neighbouring country.
This 'war' is not a war at all its simply at best everyone trying to keep something ugly at bay as good as one can.

Exshaw and Lafarge look amazing, Roy!
Thank you for all your hard and meticulous work and artistry. It is greatly appreciated.
Jack, fantastic looking scenery in the Yukon. Does all that detailed tree activity hurt the frame rates?
Claude

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, Roy.
Claude, with draw distance set to 15,000, shadows on high and everything else on either high or ultra I saw 39fps to just over 100.
Here are a couple more shots, the first departing Fraser and the second arriving at Summit.
Cheers, Jack

rxJ57wK.jpg
[/IMG]
vbMxnSt.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments.
The scenic splendour as depicted by Jackyamstel and RoysTrainz makes one want to book an airline ticket, perhaps one day, Covid 19 allowing.

CN/CP Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended)

Cheers, evilcrow

Nice ones, evilcrow. I lived up in Hull, Quebec for quite a while as a child growing up. I'll never forget the winters. Say, evilcrow, where does that Baldwin switcher in the first pic come from? JR freeware? If so, how do you get rid of the rotating beacon?

Many Thanks,
smyers

Hello smyers,
If this is the Baldwin switcher you mean ?, it's CP VO 1000 by 'Whitepass' kuid <2:58422:50129:2> and it's on the DLS.

Cheers, evilcrow

re post #4473 CaseyBerg

The station agent has bee hives, the bears know that the snow is soon to melt, this may in turn attract more bears.

Cheers, evilcrow

Back