The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Seeing lots of great looking content posted on this site. :)

Meanwhile, this rotary crew is going to be working all weekend.:(
Rotary-Crew-at-work.jpg

Okay, I "think" I finally got how Canada really is.... you guys can judge me as you are the exports on this;):eek:

Anyway, CN prepares to enter the mainline northbound with its train
bIQhALd.jpg

BF2ydQU.jpg

8PdEmSp.jpg

Cheers

Great shots, as always, all!

Hiawathamr, all of your shots have always seemed like what we have up here. Industrial parks, prairies, suburbs, cities, mountains, marshes, you name it, we have it. :) Keep up what you are doing!

Gisa

Great shots, as always, all!

Hiawathamr, all of your shots have always seemed like what we have up here. Industrial parks, prairies, suburbs, cities, mountains, marshes, you name it, we have it. :) Keep up what you are doing!

Gisa

Cheers Gisa:)
Alright. I been trying to match what I been seeing on Google maps, and every time I put the street viewer down where all of the farmers fields are, it was pure emptyness with a few trees here and there, and since I had my route flooded with small trees, shrubs, bushes, I though I had done an over kill, so I removed those vegs. (I still have the version with all of the vegs. still).
I had decided to come and ask if I was even doing it correctly, or something, as I just have to fill in the emptyness in the farm field area..:eek:
Anyway, I think I said too much - thank you. Now I think I'll restore the one with all of the vegs. by the tracks since the results looked much nicer than the empty version:hehe:

Cheers

Okay, I think I'm happy with this:)
Still would like more feedback nevertheless:)
-------
Anyway, got a rare unit pulling a local train through the countryside

Qfh0nyd.jpg

N236mUJ.jpg

8diBzCf.jpg

bz2h0lz.jpg

Cheers

Okay, I think I'm happy with this:)
Still would like more feedback nevertheless:)
-------
Anyway, got a rare unit pulling a local train through the countryside

8diBzCf.jpg

Cheers

Like the Rare unit, I always tell folks, it might be Old, but don't laugh it's paid for, and it still works.........

As for the Plants and Veggies in fields, your Eye and your Heart of feeling will never let you go wrong, if it makes you happy, then by all means do it.....Your Routes always look very nice.......As Gisa said, keep on a doing it.......

In honesty, when I download a Route with lots of Trees, Shrubs etc, and it affects my NVIDIA Card too much, I remove a % of the total item, say 10-40% just enough to make my frame rate stable, other than that reason, I try to leave it as Author, like a movie script intended it, to get the feeling of their Story.......Hope that makes sense.........

Hiawathamr, your shots look great and like Gisa said, they are like what we have here. You'll find flat as a billiard table places and rolling hills with not a tree except in the farmer's yard. You'll find those same flat lands and hills with clumps of bush and trees. It's not really any different from the parts of the U.S. that I have seen. There are lots of forests as well. You can't go wrong with what you're doing.

Shebashetan7, it would be nice to see a version of that locomotive with the smoke deflectors. Nice screen shot!

Punnichy, west bound.
Cheers, Jack

CEGNFMg.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for your replies everyone! I feel better now that I know what Canada really has that Google Maps has been hidding (okay, maybe these aren't the right words..:eek:)
I'm going to see if I can have something like a semi-prairie on some parts, and other parts, have it with rolling hills and shrubs by the tracks (like what you saw the pics with the GT units) as the prairie part also turned out to be pretty good. I guess if you can't decide on which one to go with, combined both:hehe:
Anyway, going to be upgrading my computer from good old Windows 7 since support has ended :(

Cheers, and again, thank you all for the replies!:)

Computer upgrade went smoothly, and just been relaxing yesterday while fetching the updates and getting everything installed.
Its rare that things goes smoothly:hehe:
-------------
Anyway, didn't get any CN trains, but at a surprise, we got a CP oil unit train

IJI3CcV.jpg

Rq8vUhv.jpg

qV22OfD.jpg

TKqOHok.jpg

Cheers

Later that day, the area is under a severe weather warning. Storm is forcasted to have high winds exceeding 180KPH (111.847 MPH). The crew is hoping to get their jobs done before it hits

KVYeywl.jpg

7mzQGJz.jpg

KVlYj2Q.jpg

xA6XHfk.jpg

Cheers

If you don't mind, to be more precise the F2a is actually kitbashed from the freeware H1d mesh and K&L's Hiawatha 4-4-2 loco.

Guessed wrong. My apologies Shebashetan7. An F2a or F1a is on my wish list and thought perhaps the MSTS model had legitimately made it’s way to Trainz. Thanks for the kitbash recipe. I’ll give it a try.
cheers,
Casey

Back