The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Wonderful screens again Erik. You do absolutely amazing work with those skins!! Very, very nice!
And thanks for all that information regarding the shots in your previous post.

Cheers, Jack

is that the TRS19/T:ANE equivalent of Standard12?
My guess is that was intended for me, as "Standard12" was a long time ago project of me.
The short answer is: No.
Since I am not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, a few more possible answers:
Yes, the route is mine.
Yes, I also don't use 3rd party content in this one so if it is ever finished it could be used for Multiplayer sessions.
No, this route also uses content found on the DLS (so not the "built-in only" definition I used for "Standard12").
At the speed I am currently going, it will be a few years before the whole thing I have in mind is ever near finished (then again... are Trainz routes ever finished?), though I am considering doing a "trail" upload for a basic short session when I have something sort of finished. Currently, however, only 10.8km (6.7 mile) of main line and 11.5km (7.1 mile) of branch line are finished.

A westbound waits in the siding at Tate while an intermodal goes east.
[nice picture removed]
Great shot! Sort of the theme I am going for, with the difference that you do manage to pull it off :hehe:.
Related to scene, a question:
Are those TTX on the DLS?
If so, could you please share the name and KUID with me?
If not... does anyone happen to know a decent looking version that is on the DLS?

Erik is definitely a master detailer.
And since my skill is nowhere near his, let's compensate that by posting screenshot in which you can't see the lack of detail that much :p :

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Yes, Canadian Prairies seen from an airplane; miles and miles of farm land.
Those of you that do the math will notice I am not at 100% real scale, hopefully making the longer stretches a few % less boring.

Oknotsen, those wellcars are from Jointed Rail but there are quite a few on the DLS by Dave Snow and btvfd.
Glad you liked the screen shot.
Cheers, Jack

QSaNNYW.jpg

Almost done building an industrial area near a small town:

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

... and with a little bit of snow:
Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Still too much road visible, so I need to switch some textures around.
Plus the whole thing needs to more junk and parked cars, but it is getting there.

Those are nice winter shots, shebashetan7.

Looking good oknotsen. The little details like junk and parked vehicles is a lot of work and I need to add a lot of that on my own route.

East end of the siding at Tate.
Cheers, Jack

t3DNUq6.jpg

Interesting photos, constar261. It looks like it was lying on its side. Just a guess here but I think that the unit would be repaired.

Westbound at Semans, mile 91.93.
Cheers,
Jack

0dqFYdw.jpg

I wish I was in the mountains watching trains go past. Maybe this summer with a bit of luck. Nice of you to post those shots, Harold.

Just to the right (west) out of this shot is the east switch of the siding at Tate. The siding was extended just short of the bridge while I still worked for CN. My partner and I put in the power service and I remember getting into the van after finishing our work and feeling something crawling on my neck. I found a wood tick. I do not like those little blood suckers! Anyway, we did a lot of power services for siding extensions and intermediate signals and it wasn't the last time I found a tick on me.

Cheers, Jack
dO4pPLH.jpg

Good Grief on that Wood Tick,

:( The thing that comes to mind is potential for Lyme Disease or something else really bad......Happy for you, u found the CREEPY CRAWLER before he burrowed into your skin! :eek:

Fortunate me for me so far, nasty mosquito bites, and Mrs Blue got bit by Bark Scorpion spider, nasty little fella, I can tell ya that.......

Last edited:
Blue, you're right about the Lyme disease. Never know what you could get. There was a case this week of a woman being stung by a scorpion on a flight from Toronto to Calgary. She was stung shortly before landing. They found the scorpion in the crevice of the seat. Ouch! Hope your wife didn't suffer too much from the bite.

We used to find mice living in electrical panels and boxes. They would be full of nesting material and grain. The insulation would be chewed off some of the wires. We always took precautions when cleaning things up and doing repairs because of the risk posed by mice and carrying hanta virus. You never know. One time I found one of my winter work boots half full of grain.

Have a good day, Blue.
Jack

You too my Friend,

And Mr's Blue did survive, it happened over in Arizona, and she was really scared, luckily she didn't get a full jab of Venom, but it was enough on her foot, that pain went on for 3 hrs or so.:'(...

:) She never walked into the kitchen in the middle of the night barefoot again...Nor did I.....

You have a great day and weekend...:wave:

Back