The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

ef1ce04b91502498c5028493dadb91cb.jpg

c3e24f2199f65c07463856d7e4d9388e.jpg

Hey Rick. Yes I still have the skinny cows. They'll get replaced eventually. For now I'm concentrating on trees. I have no idea what beef costs here as we always get a side of bison. We've had a very dry summer. There was a good soaker last week but it was really too late. We could have used it a month earlier. The summer fair starts here today and there is rain in the forecast for almost every day of it. Figures.

Roy, 64Warhorse - nice mountain shots. Just got back last week from three weeks in the mountains in the Yukon and parts of the Northwest Territories and Alaska. I could go back anytime. Love the mountains and love it up there.

Another one from the prairies here.
688210d6dc0bdcf1a7e787dbec66622d.jpg

Awesome shots, everyone!
19684899594_1dec40d271_h.jpg

"A short CN freight accelerates past an idle set of ex-MILW SD40-2s hauling Silver Lines equipment to be repainted & repaired, including plenty of SD40-2s and crane parts. #3387 was involved in a wreck and was rebuilt to SLRR standards & repainted."

Later on..
48UfeHS.gif

Trainz gifs are so much fun to make, honestly.

Cheers,
SM
[h=2][/h]

Hi guys I got some news I wont be around mush anymore for a number of reasons I'm leaving the forums I may drop in to say hi form time to time after 7 years of being a CC I'm retireing form it.

On the MBC 2010 route in TS12, there are random patches of grid texture. CM doesn't report any missing or faulty dependencies, so I don't know why there are random untextured bits. Can anyone help? The untextured bits are mainly cliffs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have had similar issues on Roy's Rocky Mountain route at times. I think sometimes with large routes the installers miss stuff, so even if you have got all the dependencies on your machine, they haven't necessarily been linked to the route. Maybe try installing again over the first copy?

Yeah, I have had similar issues on Roy's Rocky Mountain route at times. I think sometimes with large routes the installers miss stuff, so even if you have got all the dependencies on your machine, they haven't necessarily been linked to the route. Maybe try installing again over the first copy?
I reinstalled the route, still has missing textures. Maybe part of the problem is that I had to download the route and base session with Firefox because Chrome wouldn't download it.

EDIT: Redownloaded and reinstalled the route, still has missing textures.

Last edited:
MBC missing textures

Hi,
It"s an old Trainz Bug. This works for me (YMMV):
In CM; view MBC dependencies; write down the number of textures; Edit the route in surveyor. Move something - like a truck - exit. You should be asked to save as a new route & session; do so. Back in CM, have a look at the number textures now. (You should see some missing textures.)

If this doesn't work, send me a PM.

Cheers,
--Michael.

SM, cool little gif. Nice screen shot too. I like the leaning poles.

Dragonharh, I hope you come visit from time to time and even post an occasional screen shot. Maybe you just need a holiday from Trainz. Take care.

I've never had that problem with the missing textures yet and wouldn't know how to fix it but I'll have to keep Michael's suggestion in mind. Better yet I'll copy it into notepad and save it. I should do that with more of things I read on these forums. It would save a bunch of searching.

Anyway, here's a slightly different view of the same location as my previous shot.

Cheers,
Jack
b5d274ae68bd4977a71bc21330e90428.jpg

Mid-Late Spring 1993: Love visiting the CNW's Irish City yard... You never know what's laying around, or coming....

761ddcb8933d27075b504b96618a2236.jpg

3ed68968f7e9e515fe5a6a00723c5af9.jpg

92558248d072fb044147990182772b74.jpg

ec5ef1c3cf627e61988ba625aab00f92.jpg

Applegathc, nice little clip of CP in the snow but I sure don't like to be reminded of winter. It will be here before we know it :(

CNSD40MRT, Chris - nice shots from both of you! I like the shots in the yard Chris. Don't see too many of those.

Rick, I think modeling a fairly flat area makes the draw distance in my shots seem greater than it really is. I'm looking forward to getting into hillier areas but that will be a while. Those shots of yours look pretty darn good. The dead fallen trees are perfect in the first shot! I started out building a fictional route and then it slowly morphed into what I'm doing now. I was like a kid with his first train set when I got Trainz. I wanted mountains, tunnels and bridges and that's where I went. Still have that route and maybe I'll get back to it one day.

Cheers everybody,
Jack

a62b2872611234bc386bad202290f648.jpg

Back