The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Rick superb shots love it!:Y:

TANE%2525202015-06-21%25252016-28-17-45.jpg

Hallo Roland, na wie geht's, how are you,

i think i have here 15 i play also with lower draw distance where 15 simply is overkill in mountain passes etc you know what i mean.
why the question?

Roy

Beautiful pictures Erik! They are always a treat to look at. You put in all the little details that makes them almost real.

Rick, more great shots from you as well. I love those shots of the harbour! Being from the prairies I really enjoyed being along the waterfront when the wife and I were in Halifax a few years ago. Brings back some good memories.

Nice one from you too Roy. You've done a superb job with the CPR in the mountains.

Cheers,
Jack

Jacky I agree ERIC and RICK and you and EPO,Michael and quiet a few others do a superb job it is more than a treat to watch this thread, luckily came alive again!
Yesterday i did some test runs and i have to NOT hold and take shots every 5 seconds as it is so attempting and the funny part is the route and assets are not yet tweaked and tuned to get the max effect yet:
TANE%2525202015-06-23%25252009-51-04-07.jpg

Hallo Roland, na wie geht's, how are you,

i think i have here 15 i play also with lower draw distance where 15 simply is overkill in mountain passes etc you know what i mean.
why the question?

Roy
Well, mountain ranges profit a lot from increased draw distances, the visual impression is just so much better (if you have the view, of course, and are not stuck at the bottom of a narrow valley). On the other hand it will need a lot of GPU and CPU power. MSTS had a feature called "distant mountains" that rendered extra low-res terrain and terrain textures but no scenery objects, a rather efficient way cope with areas far away from the virtual eye.

Well, mountain ranges profit a lot from increased draw distances, the visual impression is just so much better (if you have the view, of course, and are not stuck at the bottom of a narrow valley). On the other hand it will need a lot of GPU and CPU power. MSTS had a feature called "distant mountains" that rendered extra low-res terrain and terrain textures but no scenery objects, a rather efficient way cope with areas far away from the virtual eye.

Hallo Roland,

yes your comment here and reference on "distant mountains low-res terrain" would be a nice feature for T:ANE.
Thanks for mentioning.

Morning Folks; -C, My route does head off in the general direction of Cape Breton. It follows the Eastern Shore from Dartmouth to Musquodoboit Harbour. From that point, it turns inland and heads up the Musquodoboit Valley. In real life the line never was finished. I think the general idea was to meet up with the tracks in Truro. One political party was all for it, the other was against it. So, at times work was being done and other times nothing. There is quite a bit of railroad history in this part of the country. Newfoundland with the CNR narrow gauge, coal mining in Cape Breton, before the CNR came along, two rail bridges fell into Halifax Harbour, the part trains played in the Halifax Explosion, etc.

Very cool. My aunt and uncle have a place in Chimney Corner, on the southwesterly coast of CB. Amazing views there.

Nice route work.

Thank you all for your kind words earlier :).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f0ad42357472e8f4d0008edb105be41e.jpg

5b786b16bb5dd3a43f216fe27d48d568.jpg

c3f92eb82bdfa9544d9fcbe77e8b50aa.jpg

233213a576e88c3e67c3de376db57198.jpg

9425d95f8a4a1aba7e073b14c64d528a.jpg

996a176cdafa549929f9d92fcafbb238.jpg

02b6b4c2dfafb007c8f3e4c49fbc7178.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Hi Folks:
I`m really enjoying all your pictures (hi rick :). Well I received B:ANE dvd in post last week, installed it, installed the update; loaded Esquimalt & Nanaimo, dl'd a bunch of assets.
I had a quick look, like so:

2015-06-24%20182000_zpsk539ud6v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good news:
Well the draw distance has improved lots!

Bad news:
No support for legacy speedtrees: pofig, mcguirel and others,
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get rid of the low cloud/fog

The route has 3654 assets of 541 are "broken"

Action taken: put dvds back in box, put box on shelf. Maybe next release/update ?

cheers,
--Michael.

michael,

go to environment in surveyor, look for any time in the clock that has been "set" green led.....click this time see at the bottom fog slider paly with it.
Set new times at your convenience and do same also play with RGB rotators see example from TRAM_not to long ago I forgot where it was.
Also play with all the other feautres like post processing in the launcher window under developer.
All the rest just get your hands on things click and see what happens. Sometimes you might get warped into a black hole called little bug T:ANE sometimes with save as route. Disable backup in the trainz settings in survyor that one seems to be sensitive on ending up in a black hole.

No the trees is not bad news as such it is a step forward and yes sometimes you cannot just drag 3rd party assets to the next level without the creators to do so.
I created a entire new set of speedtrees especially for T:ANE and later.
This means ALL my route i kind of have to redo all the trees which is a lot of extra work it is not just replace asset it is much more.
broken assets well it means somebody has to upgrade them to the new level and we go from there this is not T:ANE to blame for but the lack of discipline and no time for maintenance of all assets in former trainz versions by the creators and others, you know what I mean.

Roy

Last edited:
So I got word that a BCR SD40-2 was heading down from Vancouver, BC, and was due to cross the Mojave Sub. At the same time I saw the news on the internet about it, I heard a K5H coming from outside, and knew it had to be a Canadian locomotive. I got on to my driveway, and turned the camera on just in time to see the BCR SD40-2 leading a train through Bakersfield. This is an image I got of it from the driveway. Foreign power... literally!
wlyXcMi.jpg

Of course, this is all a cover story I made up for why a BC Rail SD40-2 would cross the Mojave Sub. I do not have any good Canadian routes... but I plan to get the CPR Mountain Sub sometime in the future.

Thanks Roy:
After physio - now 4 times a week - tomorrow, I'll be playing with sliders & fog... I'm still trying to find a water colour that looks like Victoria harbour. Two wishes for N3V: rivers that can be tilted to go downstream and different colours for oceans, lakes etc.

Perhaps sometime you'll share how to create new speedtrees...

Thanks again !
cheers,
--Michael.

269136CMS3.jpg

Rick would you allow me to use your beautiful Steam engine to be placed in the Revelstoke Museum and replace to UP one ? HPL put this pict on my main thread and it reminds me of I need to change but not saw a good one other than yours! IF you allow where to download what name?

this thread is growing in quality each day, makesn me happy to see many happy members!
have a nice weekend

Roy

Back