The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Very nice indeed, Casey!

Time for these fellas to go home.

Cheers .... Rick

HDKCeb8.jpg

Cheers Gary and Rick

@Rick re: “Time for these fellas to go home”… or maybe go for a beer.
;) Either way, I like your creative arrangement of assets. The shot says quitting time. 👍
casey

Great shots, Rick! The farm scene and the quitting time scene are especially nice!

Casey, that's an excellent shot from you as well. I was going to ask if you made the jeep and then saw it on the DLS. Nicely done and thank you. I tried making a truck once but just couldn't get the curves right.

Cheers, Jack
PKONooC.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, Guys. Another fantastic shot, Jack! Beautiful looking country.

I collect all Casey's creations. I keep seeing things like rolling stock that I hope he might release some day. Steam era (no wet noodle CN) gondolas are hard to come by. Having the skill to create stuff is a real blessing.

Cheers Gents .... Rick

lsHiNsi.jpg
3ADjceH.jpg

Railman102, you can't post links to your hard drive, as no one can access it. Use Trains screenshot menu or manually upload to Trainz Gallery and then link from there using the icon that looks like a picture.

You're doing very fine work there, Rick. Real nice shots at Big Pond.
That's a nice shot from gtasa. I like the shadows and the sun shining on the units.
krpkk, that 6644 sure looks good! I've never seen any of the military units personally but have seen videos.

Cheers, Jack

Jack's right, gtasa, that's a great shot of locos. So good, I barely noticed the turf!

Dang, that's also some fine looking rout building krpkk!

Catching up with trees and bushes in this area.

Cheers All .... Rick

aVSujkV.jpg
eOSm7F5.jpg

Railman102, you can't post links to your hard drive, as no one can access it. Use Trains screenshot menu or manually upload to Trainz Gallery and then link from there using the icon that looks like a picture.
How do I use the link from Trainz Gallery? Do I just copy the URL into the box where you insert the image?

Yes, bring up the full image in Trainz Gallery, Right-click and select "Copy Image Link". Then when you are posting on the forum, paste that link into the box provided by clicking the icon that looks like a picture. Voila!

Thanks for the comments krpkk.
PBR textures can look quite nice at certain camera angles and time of day. Here's the same angle at noon for comparison. I use PBR Foliage 6 as a base coat followed by large strokes of PBR Soil Texture 74 and dabs of PBR Rock 26 Rough Surface. The mountains are PBR Cliffs 3 Seasonal and PBR Cliffs Seasonal 1 along with dabs of Rock 4L 4. PBR Snow 6 and PBR Snow Texture 11 on the peaks. The dark bit in the foreground is DG Utah Juniper Forest Texture 4.

Done with a small radius brush and hours of click, rotate, click, rotate, change scale, click, rotate, etc.

cheers,
casey

The Great Divide Revisited
The-Great-Divide-Revisted.jpg
Are the F units personal reskins? Are most things on this forum reskins?

Are the F units personal reskins?

Yes, and with restricted distribution rights by the original creators. Don’t know if most assets on this forum are reskins, but there are many Canadian liveries and rolling stock from my era not represented on the DLS. Reskins and kitbashing is the solution, even better, building from scratch, but I’m not there yet.
casey

Back