The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

That is a great looking route hiawathamr. It's hard to say about the lighting as I think it looks good but then I'm never quite satisfied with the lighting on my own route and tinker with it fairly often.
I'm happy to hear that other parts of the world are getting a taste of winter. My cousin in Holland sent me some pics of the snow there and she complained bitterly about the cold. It was only -8C (17F). I had to laugh at that as we woke up Sunday morning to -41C (-42F).

Anyway, stay warm.
Jack

-41C? If you don't mind my asking, where do you live? Somewhere in Nunavut?

Jack, yeah, my father was born in Saskatoon, he used to tell me about winters there. I'm an Ottawa boy myself, we see -40 maybe once in a decade. Scheduled for -23 later this week, which is about as chilly as it normally gets hereabouts.

Meanwhile, more pics from the Rocky Mountains, this time near Banff.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
Banff-Station.jpg

Jack - that's pretty cold up there!

-------------------

Nice screenshots 64Warhorse.

------------------

Its not a train, nor a plane, but a oil ship entering Newbury Harbour :D
UPd7iMt.jpg

Cheers

Thank you, hiawathamr, that's quite a compliment, coming from you. :wave: Here's some more pictures, from a westbound run over the Continental Divide.

At the hump:

Westbound%2C-at-the-Continental-Divide.jpg

Easing downhill on the west side. The dynamic brakes hold the train easily enough, but even at mid-level throttle settings, the rumble of 22,000 HP of diesels fills the valley.

Morning-glory%2C-easing-downhill.jpg

Heading into the upper Spiral Tunnel:

Into-the-tunnel.jpg

... and out the bottom of the lower tunnel, as we find that the train is just long enough for us to enjoy the rare sight of the back end crossing over to enter the tunnel. Tehachapi Loop may be more famous, but we have nicer scenery!

...-as-the-front-end-emerges..jpg

Later in the trip, we drift slowly downhill. There's plenty of time to take in the view, with the track speed set at a miserably low but utterly necessary 15 mph.

There%27s-plenty-of-time-to-enjoy-the-view.jpg

We arrive at Field, BC. Edgar smiles, knowing that his hour-plus wait for me to clear the long single track section west of the Spiral Tunnels is almost over ...

Edgar-smiles%2C-knowing-his-hour-plus-delay-is-almost-over-....jpg

... while Andrew just shakes his head, knowing he'll have LOTS of time to finish his crossword puzzle, before getting his own green light to the tunnels ...

...-while-Andrew-just-shakes-his-head%2C-knowing-that-he-still-has-LOTS-of-ttime-to-finish-his-crossword-puzzle-....jpg

... and just as we reach the west end of the holding yard, Charlie arrives to wait his turn. Perhaps the crew at the big house will have some fresh gossip to share?

...-and-just-as-we-reach-the-far-end-of-the-holding-yard%2C-Charlie-arrives.-Perhaps-the-crew-at-the-big-house-have-some-new-gossip%3F.jpg

And finally, the river's flood plain widens as we approach Ottertail.

Flood-plain.jpg

Great Shots! I have several of the Canadian Rockies routes, but I have yet to nail down which route has the spiral tunnel? Which route does that occur in?

I like that shot with the ship, hiawathamr. Very nice!

The mountains look great 64Warhorse. We stop at the Spiral Tunnels everytime we go past there and almost always manage to catch a train going through.
Wanted to visit Ottawa last summer but this Covid business put an end to those plans. Not sure about this year but one day we'll get there.

Cheers, Jack
q0T6l0H.jpg
[/IMG]

Great Shots! I have several of the Canadian Rockies routes, but I have yet to nail down which route has the spiral tunnel? Which route does that occur in?

Thank you! TRS19 CRM Ottertail to Castle Junction is one. There should be another one for TANE, and I think they were originally in the Laggan Sub route in TRS12, can't remember if that one was also partitioned into several smaller chunks.

Your welcome 64Warhorse - keep up the good screenshots:)

--------------------------

Thank you Jack! I need to avoid looking at your winter screenshots for now since they're making be cold just my looking at them:p:hehe:

--------------------------

Newbury industrial park we catch a ex-GT unit in its paint scheme as it pulls a string of cars from the industries that are down the line.
AVrRFZI.jpg

Cheers

"TRS19 CRM Ottertail to Castle Junction is one". Thanks Warhorse64, I will pick that one up. Haven't got a Canadian route yet that I don't count among my best ones!

I bought Roy's CRM routes in TRS12, and they were beautiful then. They've become quite stunning in TRS19. Check under "Purchased" in the Content Store before you buy, depending on your membership level, you may be already entitled to all of the CRM routes. :)

Today we're on the Beavermouth to Ottertail segment of the CRM route. We start out on the northe end of the Windermere sub, a few miles south of the Golden yard.

The sun is just coming up over the mountains

A few minutes later, it is beginning to light up the tracks at the south end of the yard

As-we-run-through-the-south-end-of-the-yard-at-Golden%2C-the-sun-climbs-over-the-mountains.jpg

Soon, we're out the north end of the yard ...

Leaving-Golden-yard.jpg

... and back into the shadows, on the Mountain sub main, where we meet an eastbound mixed freight

Meeting-a-mixed-freight.jpg

Rolling along at 50 mph with two big diesels rumbling contentedly in your ears, the early morning feels amazingly peaceful

Rolling-along-at-50-mph%2C-with-two-big-diesels-grumbling-in-your-ears%2C-it-is-amazing-how-peaceful-it-can-all-seem%2C-early-in-the-morning-....jpg

Golden Gravel & Sand

Golden-Sand-%26-Gravel.jpg

The scenery never disappoints

River-view.jpg

The traffic gods are in a good mood today. Just as we come to a halt for the red signal west of Donald, Adair clears the block ahead of us and the light goes green.

Just-as-we-pull-up-to-the-red-signal-west-of-Donald%2C-Adair-clears-the-block-ahead-of-us-aqnd-the-signal-turns-green.jpg.

And soon, we're crossing the river. Somehow, I managed to time the shot so that none of the bridge superstructure got into the picture :)

Crossing-the-river.jpg

At Redgrave, Edgar salutes us with a blast from his horn as he takes his empty tankers back to Calgary for a refill

At-Redgrave%2C-Edgar-waves-at-us-asa-he-takes-his-tankers-back-east.jpg

(You can't really tell from a still picture, but the moving water effect here looks really great!)

You-can%27t-tell-in-a-still%2C-but-the-moving-water-effect-here-is-really-nice.jpg

Close to Beavermouth, the river is glassy smooth

Approaching-Beavermouth%2C-the-river-is-glassy-smooth.jpg

... and, a bit less than two hours after starting out, we end what has been a very pleasant run in Beavermouth

...-and%2C-a-bit-less-than-two-hours-afteer-starting%2C-we-arrive-at-Beavermouth.jpg

Just popped in for a minute,

Spectacular Late Afternoon shadows brings the pleasure perfectly.....:p

Agree on Roy's Trainz Routes,,,,,I have one of too......Remarkable detailed Routes..........:cool:

This weekend, the Chamfer Ridge Golf and Country Club is hosting the annual convention of the Royal Canadian Society for the Preservation of Mason Jars.

Chamfer-Ridge.jpg

Back