The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Hiawathamr,
I just figured it out for the western scene on the Drive-In. It looked familiar to me and was bothering me over the past few days. It is a shot of the arrival scene in "High Noon," as bad guys played by Lee Van Cleef, Robert Wilke, and Sheb Wooley wait for the train carrying their leader Frank Miller, and then they'll hunt down Marshal Will Kane played by Gary Cooper. It's one of my favorite westerns, so it looked familiar. I just had to track it down, haha. :)

The yard shot is really nice! I take it that is from your upcoming (and as yet not released) CN route. The other shots are really cool too. Looking forward to it's eventual release.

Heinrich505

Trio of SD40-2s hanging out at Tidewater Depot.

tane-2020-01-24-03-20-58-419.jpg

I agree,with Fall Colors, and dazzling Sunlight time to walk thru the tall grasses and see what we find, a treasure hunt of course......

Nice work there
Last time I had a walkabout in tall grass's, I picked up a bunch of chiggers and ticks.
Fantastic screenshots here !

Hiawathamr,
I just figured it out for the western scene on the Drive-In. It looked familiar to me and was bothering me over the past few days. It is a shot of the arrival scene in "High Noon," as bad guys played by Lee Van Cleef, Robert Wilke, and Sheb Wooley wait for the train carrying their leader Frank Miller, and then they'll hunt down Marshal Will Kane played by Gary Cooper. It's one of my favorite westerns, so it looked familiar. I just had to track it down, haha. :)

The yard shot is really nice! I take it that is from your upcoming (and as yet not released) CN route. The other shots are really cool too. Looking forward to it's eventual release.

Heinrich505
lol, sometimes things just needs to go down the track a bit more. Personally I'm not into western movies, but that scene looks quiet interesting to watch.
Yes, this will be another release via the N3V store along with the other CN route that's still in the quenue..
Glad you are enjoying the screenshot:)

Cheers

Trio of SD40-2s hanging out at Tidewater Depot.

Thank you for the link on Train Sims.......Amazing how life like we have gotten too in these days.......:p

My first Video game, if I can recall, in the 70's, was Pong on Black and White 19" TV, you chased a White Ping Pong Ball with rudimentary controllers, now in the 21st century, we have Virtual Reality, AI and host of other things to play with.......:hehe:

Atari Pong. Release Date: 1975. ...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=pong+game+on+tv

Thank you for sharing with us....

FYI if you are having a sneak peek at the Gmax 3D...thread, you will see what is coming up for the North side of the border. Trainboi1 is making à Canadian Pacific D10 4-6-0 which was one of the most used locomotive type by CPR till the end of steam era . 502 units or so were built. :Y::clap:
Regards,
Rail4Pete
P.S. He would certainly appreciate your positive comments!

2020-01-26-125343_orig.png

CP 9655 leads empty coal train 853 through Rondout, IL from the ArcelorMittal steel-mill in Indiana back to British Columbia.
2020-01-30-165739_orig.png

A couple miles north, SOO 4409 and CP 2242 power G61 down an industrial spur with one plastic pellet hopper and two lpg tanks behind it.
2020-01-30-171257_orig.png

After dropping off the cars, CP 2242 and SOO 4409 run light back to the rest of their train.

Trainboi1, a super job on that engine! And wonderful screenshots!

Very nice, Pierre. The cab interior looks awesome!

Cheers, Jack

Back