The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Nice prairie screen shots from you Oknotsen.
Thank you; though I can clearly still learn a lot from you and many others here :hehe:.

@oknotsen: Your Falmland modules from the DLS was very helpful and instructive concerning round grain fields. Thanks a lot for this!
Happy I could help you.
Silly trivia question: Do you know why I called it "17"? If not... open the route and zoom out ;).

Do the pictures come from one of your published routes?
and something offtopic: Is there a demo route to your trench content similar to your navel station assets available?
Pictures come from a route I had hoped to have published a year ago, but probably won't finish for at least another few years.
Similar answer about the trench demo route; started on it two years ago... and then life happened. I'll see if I have ever migrated it to TANE and if it is in some sort of releasable condition. Edit: No; I don't consider that releasable :hehe:. It was only made to create the screenshots in the opening post of this topic. If I find time I will... no, I should not make that promise... but I will consider making a demo.

Autumn on the Canadian Prairies:
Autumn-on-the-Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Last edited:
I like that nightmode. is that consist on the DLS?

Thanks Forester and Jack. Both the CPR and later VIA version of "The Canadian" are on the DLS as Jack indicated. Lot's of memories from 1960 when I was 8 years old and my family took it from Ontario to B.C ...and back!

The_Canadian.jpg

Oknotsen, A nice colourful shot there! Looking a bit like that here except no sunshine the last few days.

Great shot Casey! Those old F units looked good pulling a train!

Cheers, Jack

y2OC1ht.jpg

looking good Jack and Erik:wave:.I like the way you bring those models to life Erik with the subtle weathering you apply,looks awesome.

sfgIB5.jpg

K5JbnI.jpg

SCJHc6.jpg

Thanks for your kind words Kingstonflyer, and as Jack said, great shots from yourself, and from Jack too :).

oAqwCew.jpg

aE3cOJK.jpg

ZKEyXoW.jpg

TS34mg2.jpg

e8IKzAA.jpg

UOVv6Ig.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

There are a lot of interesting things in your latest screenshots Erik. Very nice work!

Another look at Boulder Lake, westbound. I've never heard of anyone fishing at Boulder Lake and I'm wondering if it's just a glorified slough.
Cheers, Jack

3Up3f63.jpg

VIA6415, I love seeing these screenshots as well, but what are the routes? Are they DLS? Are they payware? Are they 3rd party? Imquiring minds want to know! :O)

I can't speak for the routes that others show off here, but mine is CN's Watrous Sub, a work in progress and a long way from being finished. The mountain shots I post from time to time are of routes by Cayden and RoysTrainz.
Cheers, Jack

Forester1, look at the MBC 2010 thread in the freeware announcements for a link to Cayden's route. There are 2 payware mountain routes by Roystrainz available at the Trainz store.
Cheers, Jack

OHGNp0p.jpg

Ekankal,on post 3827,the last image:Would you know where to get that derelict looking air-cooled rear engine car? I can't seem to find it on the DLS.

Anyways,nice screenshots from everyone,I will try to get to post another screenshot myself later.:)

Back