The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Crystal clear rivers :p
20201017230458-1.jpg

jackyamstel said:
Nice one from you as well, Hiawathamr!
Cheers Jack! Your lake there really looks good, and so is that route:)

---------------------------------

HoggerDrew and CaseyBerg- your screenshots really look amazing:)

---------------------------------

Made some progress on my 'mega' route and this is one of the parts where two tracks will come and merge after it passes the yard.
Don't know when the next time I'll make progress, but hopefully soon.

Two different lines means two different trains :Don
Kf8qeUX.jpg

1MQcH0v.jpg

OeOEaLz.jpg

bmLxY86.jpg

eRXQNKb.jpg

Cheers

Thanks guys! It's hard to compare to CaseyBerg, but he gave me a run for my money lol
----------
Looking great Jack and Hiawatha! @Hiawatha you are missing the "golden beaver" trains overtaking your CN ones ;)
----------
Shadows in the mist at what is becoming one of my favourite photo spots
20201021000657-1.jpg

Last edited:
Love screenshot Casey!

--------------------------

<all other info removed> Looking great Jack and Hiawatha! @Hiawatha you are missing the "golden beaver" trains overtaking your CN ones
Thank you; that is a really nice fog effect you have there - something I should try sometime when its closer to session making (whenever that'll be :p ).
As for the 'golden beaver', I'm not fimilar with that, unless you are referring to the VIA rail system (or the Mountaineer train set that TRS19 comes with).
If so, I'm getting close to the tracks that does see passenger trains, but I know it'll be far away lol. So far these two lines doesn't see any passenger service.

And now, some WIP screenshots. Because I'm not even close to creating sessions yet, I didn't fill in the yards just to take the screenshots, so imagination will be required to finish the picture ;)

lk8Wtr3.jpg

08nR2bh.jpg

V5tQ4gE.jpg

3pt8I9L.jpg

PKT6ziQ.jpg

ILR3AFN.jpg

vYiA9mi.jpg

9Z9WjhY.jpg

Cheers

is that CP autorack based on a prototype?
and what are those CP TOFC flatcars reskinned from?

re: auto rack. This scene is pure fantasy on my part. Don't think autoracks were a thing yet in Canada during the 50's. This one is reskinned from <kuid:156765:1733> Autorack Open D&RGW Bilevel by simulatortrain.

re: TOFC. Any suitable flatcar can be used for TOFC by loading <kuid2:68213:60012:1> tofc_hitch_35ft by dinorius_redundicus and a trailer as products.

@Hiawatha: I was referring to the Canadian Pacific Railway with their logo. Looks great so far

Ah that way lol.
Yeah if I can find some, I'll try to get a few of those. Might be awhile though since I have to work on another line that's only baseboards at the moment lol

Cheers

@CaseyBerg & Hiawathamr & HoggerDrew great looking Pics guys,

I was around in the 1950's but I for some reason do not remember Auto Racks like that, really cool the way they are made, and to think of where we are now, except no Cabooses, BooHoo, I love my Caboose and I ain't giving it up, except for a few consists.......:hehe:

"Modelling the Kick & Push, one spike at a time"

Someone in my family long ago drove a Police Squad car almost if not identical to that one.........Nope I didn't get a ride, but that was just a flashback of many yester year's ago....

@ "The new 56 Cadillac Coupe de Ville has arrived. <kuid2:78865:69446:1> Thanks to author diecastgalore."

I remember riding in what I think was light or Mint Green Cadillac, exactly like that with a relative, let me tell you this, two words about this and some cars similar...

Built like a Tank ( You get hit, you'll sure as heck survive most of the time) or (you hit someone else with a lesser built Auto, well lets hope make it?)

Comfortable as a luxurious Leather Chair for watching TV ( when you rode in this beautiful creature, let me say, there was never a feel of hard bumps in the Rode) I felt like it was built for the Monarchy it was so darn comfortable)

My apologies for getting so long winded here, but you brought back some beautiful and cherished memories of over 60 yrs ago.......Thank you all talented Route enthusiasts! :wave:

I was around in the 1950's
Me too, Blue. Same memories. Part of my enjoyment of modelling the 50’s era is finding assets that trigger memories and searching for assets from my memories. Sometimes items from the early 60’s will slip into my route because memories that far back lose their reference to a timeline. Wikipedia has proven me wrong on the timeframe of some of my recollections. That’s when I invoke the “my route, my rules” rule. ;)
cheers
casey

Thank you Blue for the kind comment:)

Nice screenshot Casey - I like the little question you added to your picture:hehe:

@HoggerDrew while they aren't golden, I got some new CP units in today's set of pictures - hope you enjoy:)

A small area recently finished, this time with the power of CP :D

3hv4O3J.jpg

8exo0K0.jpg

BOJqrIi.jpg

sxFnUsY.jpg

Cheers

Nice screenshot, look like they are getting their wood pile prepared for the long winter months ahead;)

-------------------------

CP intermodal train passing through
PeHcYfo.jpg

eZU9U0q.jpg

Cheers

Back