The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Great shots, Casey and smeyers!

Many thanks to Trainboi1 for the lovely CPR engine!

Cheers, Jack

jH4q30r.jpg
[/IMG]
Ajipnuc.jpg
[/IMG]

Re: #4320
Thanks Charlielima! His work is definitely one reference. A few areas on my route are loosely based on photographs of CP, CN and PGE track and terrain features. Rail4Pete does really impressive work from photo references as you can see.
Casey

Last edited:
Nice shot Casey !

TIP for D10: To keep cab window's open (they closes when you change from view 1-2 to 4 ) You have to be in ''Cab mode'' not ''DCC mode''....you then open windows when in view #1(cab view) and they should stay opened when you switch to view #4.

The ''sniffers'' (visible steam get out from cylinders) can be opened/closed only when in ''Cab Mode'' (not DCC mode) with Alt+D.

The blower too can be open when in ''cab mode'' by pressing ''N'' to open it or Shift + N to close it. At idle you will see the effect on smoke coming out from smoke stack also you will hear the blower working when opened.
Regards,
Rail4Pete

The D10 is a very welcome addition to Trainz! It looks great in all the routes I've seen so far. This is along the Rossland Sub about 100m from where I grew up. 3% grade increasing to 4.7%.
Had a very odd thing happen with this locomotive. Started a session at the bottom of the hill and proceeded up the hill with no problem power-wise. Had to step out for a while and so saved the session. Later when I came back and restarted the session, the train almost immediately ground to a halt with wheelslip on steady no matter whether I put the sanders on or changed throttle positions. Once the train stopped it proceeded to slide back down the tracks as if being dragged. Very strange. Anyone else had this happen after saving a session?
Capture.jpg

3 % to 4.7 % Grade ? Are you sure...? Top grade for a standard engine is 2%. Unless you have only a couple of cars at a time, you can't climb such a steep grade with the D10. The engine spec Trainboi1 made will not allow you to do it ! In real life the Quebec Central Railway had a 4 1/2 mile long 1.6% grade out of Vallée Jonction and they could not make it with a D10 and more than 8-10 cars unless they add a pusher engine.
Regards!
Rail4Pete

Last edited:
The ruling grade on the Rossland Sub was 4.8%, but only for a very short section. The 4% part of the grade is still in service today. As far as I know the never did use 4-6-0s on the line. Only consolidations and mikados and with very limited tonnage. I was surprised when I could couple 5 full boxcars and 4 full flat cars to the engine and rocket up the 4% grade with plenty of power to spare. Only when I resumed the saved session did reality set in. Must be a bug of some sort in the engine spec processing. Will have to try to duplicate the results and report to N3V.

Another locomotive in the beta phase takes to the rails - CP P2 #5361. Tigerko15 made this kitbash and allowed me to test it - thank you!

2020-03-28_161825.jpg

Back