The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

It looks like you've been weathering hoppers, Erik. Nice shots.

Jordon, be glad you weren't here between Christmas and New Year when it was in the minus 30s, one night being -36C.

CP pulling west through Saskatoon. The large building to the right is St. Paul's Hospital.
Cheers, Jack

2TeiJ8G.jpg

Last edited:
I like those shots along the lake, WCRULEZ. I checked out the lake and it looks like the area would be nice to visit.
Cheers, Jack

JpxkyM8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jack! Haven't seen them track panel cars in a while!

A rare CN power move rolls soutbound past the Granite City Railfan Park. Symboled R956, the move is headed to Riverview Yard from the large engine shops in Maplehurst. The Dash 9 and GECX leaser will be used later today on A480 (Riverview-Deer Park), and the switchers are returning to Riverview after some much needed servicing. A479 (Riverview-Maplehurst) will as well feature some good power, with the temporary switchers from Riverview returning to Maplehurst.

Well, it's too bad all those fine Hostthenpost shots are gone but I'm not holding my breath that they'll reappear. I've switched to Imgur.
Cheers, Jack

oPV1tjk.jpg

Last edited:
Very very nice shot Jack ! I have moved by december 28 so no trainz for me at that time. Over-exposed screenshot from the Quebec Central Railway.

2018-02-08_204951.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers !
Rail4Pete

Hi all; Positively great images all!

I posted this one a bit ago, but reposting for 2 reasons:
hostthenpost is gone;
a question about the tank car.
On DLS they are:
<kuid:21404:8801> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 01
<kuid:21404:8802> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 02
<kuid:21404:8804> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 04
<kuid:21404:8805> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 05
<kuid:21404:8806> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 06
<kuid:21404:8807> RZD Tanker15-1500 8 07
The clean one: <kuid2:128368:50066:2> 57ft Tanker CPCX 200508

2018-01-13_124359.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm giving postimages.org a try...
Cheers,
--Michael.

Pierre, nice to know you're still around and thanks for the compliment.
Thanks for the info on the tank cars, Michael. The dirty ones do look good.
Barti, nice shots from you.

Passing the siding at Xena.
Cheers, Jack

cfYLO7Z.jpg

Barti, Erik, nice shots guys! Erik, I'm guessing you dirtied that CPR unit up some. Looks good!

The days are getting longer but it's still winter here. -31C this morning.
Cheers, Jack

yDuI6CY.jpg

Thank you Ken. I really like the long draw distances of Tane. Winter can definitely be very scenic time of year.
Cheers, Jack

Last edited:
Erik, Barti, you're shots are stellar and welcome as always! Never get tired of looking at your guy's fantastic work.
Jack, those winter shots, especially the last one, are splendid. Perhaps some of the best winter work in TANE right there.
It's been like what, forever since a screenshot was last posted by me? I'm still using Trainz on occasion as my schedule provides, but nowhere near the extent I once was. Here's a few shots so that you don't miss me to much ;)

gCkkZvr.jpg

XHh1naK.jpg

PasWdBA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, Chris. Those are some pretty fine shots from yourself.

This one is at mile 132. The highway parallels the track between Young and Watrous.
Cheers, Jack

W58xdKM.jpg

Back