The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Nice shot every one !
I tried my Quebec Central Route in TRS19......and I compared apples with apples (same setting, same run, same distance from loco, and lost more than 20% fps in TRS19 compared to Tane...... In Tane it was from 30fps down to 23fps and in TRS2019 in was from 24 to 13......graphic is nice looking but costly !
Regards!
Rail4Pete

Nice shot every one !
I tried my Quebec Central Route in TRS19......and I compared apples with apples (same setting, same run, same distance from loco, and lost more than 20% fps in TRS19 compared to Tane...... In Tane it was from 30fps down to 23fps and in TRS2019 in was from 24 to 13......graphic is nice looking but costly !
Regards!
Rail4Pete

To compare apples with apples, ensure you have Shader quality = Standard *And Turffx off, if turffx is being used)

To compare apples with apples, ensure you have Shader quality = Standard *And Turffx off, if turffx is being used)

That is exactly what I did and I am a bit shocked as I did not change anything to the route except, in 2019, updating the ''out to date'' asset. So that tells me TRS 2019 is ''hungry'' . My route is really huge at that location so that is why fps are not high but the loss from TANE to TRS19 is significant.
Rail4Pete

i7-5930K , 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti

Last edited:
Still Autumn and still boxes from A to B

Still Autumn and still boxes from A to B.

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Little house(es) on the Prairie?
Canadian-Prairies.jpg

A village near where used to be a grain elevator.
Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Even in the middle of nowhere there are junctions.
Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Casey, another nice shot of steam at work!

Excellent, oknotsen!

Pierre, I hope you find a solution to keeping frame rates up. I get good fps on most of my route but it goes down to 20 or less when running a train past Saskatoon even with the yard empty.

This shot is at mile 77.07.
Cheers, Jack

MARQd1m.jpg
[/IMG]

Great shots! Fabulous greenery, attention to detail, and distance too! :)

Sorry to trouble you Jack, but do you know where I could find that tamper in your shot? Would love to add it to the stables...

Gisa

Thank you kindly, Jack, for taking the time to find this for me. I really appreciate it. The tampers I had before were okay but outdated. Looking forward to playing around with the new ones. :D

I don't post much because I haven't been able to really get into trainz as much as I want to with my regional steam edition. Yes, that's 2 mistakes I made right there haha. Anyhow, I just started up an old route I had been working on to see how it turned out. I'll have to switch out some objects and trees but a lot of it carried over well. Perhaps, in time, I get back into it again.

Here, an AMT F7 slumbers at Ile Perrault before trundling on to it's next stop...

For those about to rock...

Gisa

Last edited:
Jack, I really like your last shot with ...lets say ''MOW'' equipement, and with the pond/lake in the back !

CaseyBerg, very nice shot also, I like those olive colors on CN !

M_ _ _ ...Gisa This is really good to see you around, I don't rememder last time you posted a sceenshot...this was a loooooong time ago ! The 1300 or 1301 have been used when the reprive in 2001 followed by bankrupt in 2006 on the Quebec Central. I have not forgotten the help you gave me when created that route with Transdem in 2010 !

Regards !
Pete

Last edited:
Yup, it's been a while. Sometimes, I think I'm trying to be too much of a perfectionist to get everything in play. Winter textures could be easier as well. I dunno, we'll see how things go in time. Glad you remember the help I gave, least I could do, especially when I see your awesome screenshots (I do see them there from time to time: great work!).

Maybe I'll post a route map shot one of these days too? Might inspire me to get back into it...

Gisa

A great looking unit, Gisa! Hope those tampers are working good for you.

Thanks for the kind words Pierre. I'm at a point on my route which becomes more hilly as you go east.

Another look at mile 77 facing west towards Quinton.
Cheers, Jack

k1Hc9uC.jpg
[/IMG]

Greetings;
I haven't posted here for a while. I've been waiting - and still am - for N3V to finish TANE. I have a rule: Don't buy the new one until there is a final version of the old one. But, alas I broke it. I am now a TRS2019 owner. I've been labouring to get The Kettle Valley Railway into TRS2019.
I noticed among all the truly great images posted here, someone, caseyberg, hoped he might see some trestle shots [from the KVRR]. So:

Crossing the first of the Myra Canyon trestles:
C1O2TRu.jpg
[/IMG]

and:

P428Q1T.jpg
[/IMG]

This one is at the head of Myra Canyon:
eVM18AY.jpg
[/IMG]
and finally; the Myra Canyon Water tower:

p2ZdUDU.jpg
[/IMG]

The screenshots are from TRS2019. BUT, BUT the route is a TRS2010 route and it is showing it's age. In case you you are wondering, The KVRR is the first of my routes to be migrated to TRS2019

Like rjbradley, my computer is dated and needs a new video card. I've picked an RTX 2070. But this months toy budget is empty, 'cuz I just bought a 1TB ssd for system drive.

Thanks,
Cheers,

--michael.

Looks good! I’m planning on adding KVRR trestles and tunnels to my fictional Prairie To Pacific route. I’d be interested to know if or how you modelled the rustic cut tunnels.
Casey

Those screen shots look quite impressive, Michael! You're doing a very nice job with that route. There is always some new toy we'd like to get, isn't there? Unfortunately bills, taxes and whatnot seem to gobble our dollars almost as quickly as we get them. Winning the lottery doesn't look too promising either!

Cheers, Jack

Keep those great looking pictures coming........

Quotes Like rjbradley, my computer is dated and needs a new video card. I've picked an RTX 2070. But this months toy budget is empty, 'cuz I just bought a 1TB ssd for system drive.

Thanks,
Cheers,

--michael. Quotes
================================================

I like those new Trestle Bridges as well all the other great looking pictures.........

And if that is your first SSD, over Platter Drive, are you running a Samsung SSD Drive ???

if so, make sure you have this software to increase File operations......It really sped up the Read Writes on my Samsung.......And I have had it for close to a year now in my newer Laptop from January that I changed over from Platter Drive........

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=magician+for+Samsung+SSD&t=ffnt&ia=web

Back