The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

That BA service station looks awesome, Casey! Great job! I know of a farmer who has a BA sign on a pole.
What's next, White Rose?

Nice Jack, real and almost real! Glad we got Casey doing Canadian stuff. I don't remember BA down here, but that style of building seems very familiar.

Cheers Guys .... Rick

0U0Smk1.jpg
dV35Uat.jpg
lIptovd.jpg

Nice stuff from out west from Jack and Casey! Always good to have a place behind the bar where the wife won't see your car!

Still planting trees and bushes. Very boring.

Cheers .... Rick

nJwdFqR.jpg

Hi all;

I'm back :_) Got a new computer: Ryzen 7 5800 and an RTX 3080.

Nice shrubbery Rick! Nice shots each and every one of you!

These three are from my Esquimalt and Nanaimo route and are in TRS Plus build 119450

At the E&N station, Victoria BC
HL0iXek.jpg
[/IMG]

Travelling along...
4w9iEYz.jpg
[/IMG]

Just over the lift bridge...
LsN6C7o.jpg
[/IMG]

All for now. I'm slowly fixing all my routes, then moving from TRS 19 to Trainz Plus

Cheers,
--Michael.
HL0iXek

Victoria E&N A rea Sight

Hi all;

I'm back :_) Got a new computer: Ryzen 7 5800 and an RTX 3080.

Nice shrubbery Rick! Nice shots each and every one of you!

These three are from my Esquimalt and Nanaimo route and are in TRS Plus build 119450

At the E&N station, Victoria BC
HL0iXek.jpg
[/IMG]

Travelling along...
4w9iEYz.jpg
[/IMG]

Just over the lift bridge...
LsN6C7o.jpg
[/IMG]

All for now. I'm slowly fixing all my routes, then moving from TRS 19 to Trainz Plus

Cheers,
--Michael.
HL0iXek
HI Michael
Wonderful depiction of Victoria. I live in Victoria and model the E&N in G scale in 1910 so really resonates with me. I model the Columbia and western in trainz. Are you on the island? Dave

Well, great to see ya back in the game (sim), Michael!! I don't remember seeing much of your city scenes, looks pretty good.

Cheers .... Rick

Hi Rick;
Dave, I live in Victoria also, Cordova Bay. Your post solved something for me :) I couldn't decide where to start a serious campaign on one route. When I built - TransDEM - the E&N, I included track long gone. The route has a tram line from Victoria to Sidney and track from near Nanaimo to Sooke. Old CN, I think.
Enough talk.
First shot: tram line starts just after lift bridge.
NTbCuIb.jpg
[/IMG]
This one shows the cut next to Blanshard.
ET3CFZI.jpg
[/IMG]
Timmys is in the correct location.

This shot is my house and the structures are pure whimsey. The Cul-de-sac is accurately paced.

FFX7eNF.jpg
[/IMG]
A shot fron the observation car

ZJbc3ne.jpg
[/IMG]
and finally a shot showing a fictitious me sitting on the porch.

p9yOxTE.jpg
[/IMG]

Enough for today. Apologies for the WIP shots.
Cheers,
--Michael.

Last edited:
Old victoria railways

Hi Rick;
Dave, I live in Victoria also, Cordova Bay. Your post solved something for me :) I couldn't decide where to start a serious campaign on one route. When I built - TransDEM - the E&N, I included track long gone. The route has a tram line from Victoria to Sidney and track from near Nanaimo to Sooke. Old CN, I think.
Enough talk.
First shot: tram line starts just after lift bridge.
NTbCuIb.jpg
[/IMG]
This one shows the cut next to Blanshard.
ET3CFZI.jpg
[/IMG]
Timmys is in the correct location.

This shot is my house and the structures are pure whimsey. The Cul-de-sac is accurately paced.

FFX7eNF.jpg
[/IMG]
A shot fron the observation car

ZJbc3ne.jpg
[/IMG]
and finally a shot showing a fictitious me sitting on the porch.

p9yOxTE.jpg
[/IMG]

Enough for today. Apologies for the WIP shots.
Cheers,
--Michael.

Michael

You are describing the interurban line to sooke and the cn line along the west shore. I have some excellent books on the railways if you want to borrow . Will send a private message
Dave

Looking good there, Michael! Good to see that you're still keeping busy with this hobby.

Nice work from you guys as well, Rick and Casey.
Cheers,
Jack

Looks like Michael will have no problem keeping busy! Keep the shots coming!

Not quite as large as the big city ....

Cheers .... Rick

I0sHYrp.jpg
vG2wHKH.jpg
uSDOg7R.jpg
gZbHnIe.jpg

Rick; I wish I had your eye and touch. Great pictures.
And others: well done all of you!

I have two routes that contain the town of Midway, BC. In one route, The Kettle Valley RR, Midway is the Eastern terminus. In the other route, CPR BC East, Midway is the western terminus (although not the end of the route).

First is Midway from the Kettle Valley:
PCqUN7A.jpg
[/IMG]

The second is Midway from CPR BC East:
0SyhrBd.jpg
[/IMG]

The third is near Westbridge, BC, not many kms west of Midway. From CPR BC East route

ZuxljOP.jpg
[/IMG]

All these shots are from TRS 19 Platinum Build 116678
That's all for today. I'm off to research the tram line from Victoria to Sidney, BC
Cheers,
--Michael.

Stephan is a good worker. If only the man would wear his fall arrest harness.
Terrific Saskatchewan hoppers from Guido.
Cheers, Jack

Hee4Kwg.jpg
[/IMG]

Back