The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Thanks for the compliment Pierre. TRS19 is working very good for me but I'm still working to get the lighting just right. I need to start playing with the new textures and grass but have been making good progress on my route so I have only played with the new stuff a little bit.

I like the reskin, Pierre. Great job on that!

Cheers, Jack

Lets try this again...

file

file

file

file

file

file

file

file

First screenie upload out of TS19

You folks are probably sick of seeing the Rocky Mountaineer route in screen captures by now, but I thought this was a great perspective on TS19. Emerging from the tunnel...

TS19, Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden BC, 01 Rocky Mountaineer - Westbound Tourist...
Out-of-the-tunnel....jpg

I'm very curious as to what PerRock and NYC5445 have to show us but it looks like we have to wait a while longer. NYC5445, you need to upload your shot to an image hosting site and then copy the link to your shot from there into the space provided when you click on the little Insert Image icon here.

Joel, I don't think anyone is sick of Rocky Mountaineer shots here. I don't think there have been that many. I keep showing mostly CNR shots.

And speaking of CN...
Cheers, Jack

RgnMiB7.jpg

Westbound potash. Great looking cars Mr. Snow! Thanks! And a thank you to Charlielima as well for the good looking reskin.
Cheers, Jack

WdvjOQI.jpg

That looks like it's coming along nicely, Oknotsen.

Here's the Kindersley Speed leaving the yard in Saskatoon. Not sure why it was called that as the track is not build for speed. The highest speed limit I've been able to find is 40 MPH, at least on sections of the stretch from Saskatoon to Kindersley. It later went by a numbered designation and maybe it always had that but in the '70s we called it the Speed. It left Saskatoon every day in the afternoon for Calgary and returned the next morning. A few hours to refuel the units, do a trip inspection and it was gone again.

Cheers, Jack

TNgu39S.jpg

A westbound waits in the siding at Tate while an intermodal goes east. Whatever Tate once was, village or hamlet, it is long gone. The elevator is no longer there either although I found a photo on the internet that says it was still standing in 2017.
Cheers, Jack

ZMq8zkC.jpg

Erik, nice shots. You've got a lot of interesting items there, locomotives, hoppers, flat cars with those covered loads and the old gondola. The scenes are very well done!
Cheers,
Jack

I love alcos....but when Erik the master detailer reskiner post an Alco in his shot. there is no words I can express to describe how nice-great this is....! Congratulation Erik ! BtW These tracks are ' in my opinion' one of the best looking I have ever seen....probably a reskin from you ?
Regards !
Pierre as Rail4Pete

Erik is definitely a master detailer.

Figure I'd throw a couple of new ones out there....
CN-stuff-5.jpg

CN-stuff-1.jpg

CN-stuff-2.jpg

Now to figure out why the reds aren't matching. :confused:

Thanks for your kind words, guys :).

crazytrain: Nice work.

Jack & Chadd04 & Pierre: I hope this answers your questions, the BC engine is available on DLS (but without weathering ;)) BCR RS18C #608 <KUID:602735:100094>, the hoppers are my own reskins, just like the flat cars (the original 370tonheavydutyflatcar is available HERE), the gondola is a test car, I have added bumpmapping to a Gondola 65 ft MP (Davesnows) to see if it works, and it did :cool:.
The tracks are TRS19 built-in JR US track #4-132 (narrow ballast) PBR which I have cloned and "played" a bit with ;).

cUGJZfU.jpg

3miDbGs.jpg

gyhaqky.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Back