Page 359 of 360 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360 LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5393

Thread: The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Quote Originally Posted by goanna View Post
    Hello Casey

What an amazing shot of your old tire hospital, I was wondering if it is available for download anywhere or is it kit bashed from various assets if so would you be able to list them. Looks right at home in an old country town, would love to re-create it.

Any information will be grateful.
    Thank you in advance.

Cheers Joe.
    Thanks Joe
    The only altered item is the garage, the rest of the scene is dressed with items off the DLS. You can find most of the items and more by searching the DLS with Content Manager using the keywords tires, tyres, compressor, chevrolet, ford, Opel blitz.
    The garage is McRae Truck Repair DES and is free to distribute. But you'll see I've reskinned it and here's the thing. I don't remember where the textures come from so I can't be sure of the license. Really should make notes as I go.
    I'm sure there are derelict garages on the DLS you could use to replace it and make the scene your own.
    casey

Meanwhile,
    The folks at King Coal wish to remind you to get your bin order in before the home heating season begins.
    ​MID CENTURY CANADIAN RAIL

Hello Casey

Thank you for the information you suppled much appreciated.

Cheers Joe

That's a nice series of shots from you, BBarnes005. I really like the first one!

Shebashetan7, those steamers look great!

Terrific shots from you as always, Casey. Always lots to see in them.

Eastbound near Kelliher.
    Cheers, Jack
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wow! All the screenshots lately have just left me shaky my head. I'm amazed at the amount of patience you all have for positioning the "tiny details" so that the shot comes out looking great. Thank you.
    Jack, may I please ask where the grain bins came from in post #5373?
    Claude

Hi Claude. I made the grain bins in Blender quite some time ago. They are rather crude with no LOD but they are placed where needed for now. I'd like to make more and better assets one day but my route is keeping me busy for now.

I've sent you a PM.
    Cheers, Jack

Thanks Jack,
    I've been dabbling in Blender as well. Nothing to show yet. Still lots to learn.

Dining out at Ruby's

Did you skin that CP boxcar yourself? Looks great

Taken in TRS22 beta
    cheers
    Graeme
    Last edited by grazlash; November 19th, 2021 at 07:03 PM.

Casey, another great shot!

Graeme, TRS22 looks good. I'm hoping it won't require too much more in the way of computer horsepower.

Eastbound on a sunny day between Kelliher and Jasmin.
    Cheers, Jack
    [IMG][/IMG]

Westbound.
    Cheers, Jack
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very nice! Hello fellow Trainz lovers.

Im new to this thread. Don't post much unless i need something lol.

Im learning new things every day about our game.

Im a former railway worker for CN from 1979 to 1995. I was in the engineering department called Work Equipment. Machine operator. Change ties out, line track, lift line and surface track, cut brush. Lots of fun stuff lol. Loved it and miss it too.
    I worked most of my time at CN in southwestern Ontario. Dundas Sub Chatham Sub, Cayuga Sub, Strathroy Sub and even the CASO sub for a bit cutting brush.

So next best thing to be out there is Trainz for me. Im currently working on the Chatham Sub from St. Thomas to Glencoe. First track i worked on.

I lined the 25 miles with a Fairmont Spud Liner.

This image above looks very similar to what I'm doing. Its not completely accurate what Im doing but the mileage is correct.

Im doing a lot by memory, trackside stuff and so on. Im going to be featuring the N&W trains that ran from Welland to Windsor and how they pass through St Thomas pick up the cars from the Ford plant at Talbotville and run across the Chatham Sub over to Glencoe.

Train 27 was the Westbound and 28 the Eastbound. Two trains a day at that time. They tried hard to run at night, not always the case tho. Anyway Im looking for some lighting for the Yard at Southwold where the N&W's picked up and dropped off the car carriers.

Cant seem to find one that the light is not so ambient, too bright.

Anyway thanks in advance –Ross
    Last edited by rossd58; November 26th, 2021 at 10:54 AM. Reason: adding image

It looks like you're doing fine work with that route, Ross!

The CN was always good to me but I didn't miss it too much when I retired. Lots of good memories although there were those days when you wished you had stayed home. I do sometimes miss the people I worked with though.

This is a shot at Quinton facing east with the Touchwood Hills in the distance.
    Cheers, Jack
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jackyamstel; November 28th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krpkk View Post
    Did you skin that CP boxcar yourself? Looks great
    I did thanks. Still some tweaking to do.

Here’s another reskin in progress.

Kill and Chill

What grasses are you using. I recently upgraded my computer and I want to use some of those grasses you are showing in your great images.

Quote Originally Posted by rossd58 View Post
    What grasses are you using. I recently upgraded my computer and I want to use some of those grasses you are showing in your great images.
    Hi Ross,
    The grass is <kuid2:211025:21456:1> RMM grass g. Looks good from most angles and lighting.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your Chatham Sub.
    casey

GN NW5, north of the border.