The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Nice job on your prairie route, oknotsen! I look forward to seeing a session or two, something I have yet to learn.

Interesing screenshot, Pierre. I was in Montreal as a young boy long, long ago, but I remember nothing except that we were almost late getting to the airport from the train station. What a trip it was! Two or three days by train from Saskatoon and then eleven hours on the plane to Amsterdam. It was a four engine prop job and I remember seeing the flames coming out the exhausts as we flew through the night. Anyway, nice shot!

Cheers, Jack

Looks like it could be somewhere along Boul. Rene Levesque. Is it, and did they really run dirty old steam trains through the centre of the city?
Hi Deane, as I can see you still remember those days you were living here ! Lets say my shot is 50% fiction so .....to answer your question , answer would be No. As you know, these were for tramway and we can still see those tracks today popping out of the street as they just covered them with asphalt completely when tramway were removed. Montreal's street condition have never been worst than now. They lost control and we got to pay high price for this ....fixing direction and suspension on our cars, potholes everywhere.....but garage do great business.
Regards,
Rail4Pete

Last edited:
Nice job on your prairie route, oknotsen! I look forward to seeing a session or two, something I have yet to learn.
Thanks. A first "WIP" of the route is now on the DLS. Getting the sessions to work so far has been a bit disappointing (read "takes a lot more work then I had hoped"). Or at least if feels a lot harder then my first larger route I created 10 sessions for. I didn't give myself much to work with :hehe:.

Anyway, some more shots:
ADMX-Carberry.jpg

ADMX-Carberry.jpg

I always like coming to this thread to get inspiration and ideas for my route. Everyone produces top notch screenshots. The Myra Canyon screenshots reminded me of many bike trips through the canyon. Never had a chance to ride a train through sadly.
We're about to start a 4 month home reno here so there won't be much route progress for a while. Here's a couple of screenshots including some trestles.
`
MP 96.0 CPR Boundary Sub / MP 0.6 Great Northern Granby Smelter Spur
TRS19-2019-11-17-12-49-06-55.png

MP 96.2 CPR Boundary Subdivision Westbound
TRS19-2019-11-15-19-55-47-59.png

Granby River Crossing CPR/GN to Smelter
TRS19-2019-11-19-18-46-36-95.png

I've been experimenting with lighting settings at different times of days so would appreciate any comments on these images as to which ones look better than others from your perspectives. Also I added a bit of sharpness with an image editor to a couple of these. I find that the screenshots are a bit blurry without it. Is there any way to improve the sharpness of the screenshots without resorting to adding it after the fact? I use Fraps to do the screen captures as the screenshot capture in TRS19 seems to produce more blur and darker images.

Thanks,

Rob

Your shots look fine to me. My somewhat current mid level video card gives me slightly blurry images if I push Trainz performance settings above normal. Could be you will see an improvement when the time comes to upgrade your computer or video card, but home renovations do come first. It’s why my computer is ten years old with no upgrade in sight. 😕

Those screen shots of yours look good to me rjbradley. I'm always tinkering with environmental settings myself. Turning up post processing makes backgrounds more blurry but foreground stuff should be sharp. And good luck with the home reno. Sounds like a big job!

Great shots again, Pierre!

Cheers, Jack

Jack,

I'm amazed how such small changes on those rotary dials makes so much of a difference in the scene. I really hope they move to digital number entry rather than those dials and would also like the ability to copy the settings from one route/session to another. I like the meandering river in your screenshot a few posts back.

Pierre,

I like the 50's look of your route. The bus reminded me of a Matchbox Greyhound bus I had as a child. Your video was amazing!

Oknotsen,

Good luck with the session creation. The whole process looks a bit intimidating to be honest.

Nice shots again, Pierre. You're really doing a fine job!

There have been a lot of steam shots lately so here is one from me. Westbound at mile 76.
Cheers, Jack

J2IUOfF.jpg
[/IMG]

Casey,

Looks like you're getting the most out of your 10 year old hardware. Always enjoy seeing your route progess.

Thanks Rob.

Gave up trying to run packaged routes, so I started building my own tailored to my limited hardware. It's about 60 boards long and mostly two boards wide with some areas one or three boards wide. No high angle panoramic screenshots here. Occasionally a purge of attractive but inefficient assets is required to keep the frame rates decent. Decent for me is between 18fps city and 40fps country. Never been a gamer so really don't know what I'm missing regarding higher FPS. Ignorance is bliss and easier on the pocket book.:)
Casey

Super-Continental.jpg

Inspection portal CN

I am trying to model those new "CN inspection portals" that have started to show up on their network. The first 4 are operational around Winnipeg, which is on the Canadian Prairies... but my route hasn't made it that far yet so I just dumped my model on a part of the route I have finished to see how it looks so far.

Inspection-portal.jpg

Inspection-portal.jpg

Inspection-portal.jpg

See for the piece I based my model on this blog post by Traingeek.
And yes, I think I am missing the actual cameras, but I think I got the general look for when you are passing though at 60mph.

Back