The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

9e56757cabc59863d987f3e478ae8852.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Glad you liked those shots Pierre. The junk yard is at Biggar. Nice shot from you.

Good looking shots from you, WCRULEZ.
Cheers, Jack

Enjoying the shots people; keep them coming :D.

Let me join in with aerial shots of some hidden farm house somewhere in Manitoba during different seasons.

Spring:
Spring.jpg

Autumn:
Autumn%3B-winter-is-coming%21.jpg

... and winter:
Winter-is-here%21.jpg

Oknotsen,
As a Manitoban, I enjoyed these shots (post 3481) tremendously. Thank you.
Just an aside, I really loved how the farmhouse, shed and trees are covered in snow. The ponds, rivers and smaller lakes are frozen however and also covered with snow making them indistinguishable from white fields.
Frozen streams and rivers will usually have a winding collection of leafless bare trees along their frozen shores.
Brr!

Claude

It's interesting to see the same scene in the different seasons, Oknotsen. Frozen water would look nice but we often get snow on the ground before the lakes and sloughs freeze over. I haven't played around with settings for winter but seeing your screen shots made me try it out. Not sure what the problem is for me but those same field textures that are in your shots do not get the snow effect while others from another author do. Buildings turn snowy and trees turn white but not those textures. Have I missed something perhaps? Anyway, thanks for showing those shots.

Nice one WCRULEZ!

Cheers, Jack

Thanks for that information Oknotsen. I lowered the altitude to 100 and didn't try lowering it any more thinking that it wouldn't matter since the other textures were changing to snow. It works like you said and actually changes when the altitude is set to zero. Thanks again.

Christian, a couple of nice shots from you.

Cheers, Jack

Nice shots everyone.
Christian, have you included the metro port in your Vancouver area layout?
Would love to see some more shots of the Vancouver area. Your previous ones were fantastic!
Cheers
Paul (manytone)

Another farm "somewhere in Manitoba":

Spring:
Sping-somewhere-in-Manitoba.jpg

Autumn:

Autumn-somewhere-in-Manitoba.jpg

Winter:
Winter-somewhere-in-Manitoba.jpg

... and apparently the tracks I used (top right corner) don't have a winter look :hehe:.

Nice shots everyone.
Christian, have you included the metro port in your Vancouver area layout?
Would love to see some more shots of the Vancouver area. Your previous ones were fantastic!
Cheers
Paul (manytone)

Paul, how are you? Long time ago our MP-sessions. :)

Have not worked on Vancouver since SP1, since then it is so exhausting and annoying in the Surveyor. Constant crashes and saving and layer issues led to it. Otherwise, quite a bit of the ports and industries will be included along the Burrard Inlet as far as the available content allows.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Amazing work Christian!

Nice shot WCRULEZ. I like the 15th anniversary emblem on the unit.

Seeing oknotsen's winter scenes made me decide to play around in the snow. It's been on the ground here for almost a month now.

Cheers, Jack

5ee4c1288e4deaee81e648de0b2d95cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back