The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Hello Pierre! It's been a long time since we saw a shot of your work. It's good to see something from you again, impressive as always!
Stay safe, Pierre, and have fun with the Truck Simulator.
Jack

Rail4Pete, Thanks so much! Your praise means a lot considering I blame your QCR screenshots for inspiring me to buy into this sim (daily addiction) 5 years ago. Hope to see more QCR when you decide to return, and you will return. ;)
cheers,
casey

Hey long time since we last hear from you Pete!
Glad to see you returned and thanks for sharing your screenshot :D

---------------------------------

Cloudy afternoon for this CN (or should it be CP?) train as it rolls through the countryside
tfuDbHv.jpg

KYNoWCE.jpg

GtFiLZh.jpg

UIeIYuD.jpg

tAEXcIR.jpg

Bonus since I couldn't resist sharing this :D
eYUvNvZ.jpg

Cheers

An afternoon on the Lafond Regional Railway, with a cut of cars for the industries in Clearwater. We join Vaughan not too long after the train leaves the yard, on a nice sunny day

A-nice-sunny-afternoon-at-work.jpg

After turning onto the branch line, Clearwater is behind us, so we ease onto the passing siding, preparatory to running around the train

About--to-run-around-the-train.jpg

With the power now at the proper end of the train, we head off to Clearwater

On-the-branch%2C-heading-for-Clearwater.jpg

... and, here we are, just parking the train on a siding before breaking it up for the customers

On-the-siding-in-Clearwater.jpg

The first step is to pick up boxcars from Calvin Screws, and reefers from the adjacent cold storage warehouse

Boxes-and-reefers%2C-chez-Calvin.jpg

... and set out replacements from our train

...-and-their-replaacements%2C-set-out.jpg

Next, we service Clearwater Industries

Clearwater-Industries.jpg

... followed by Clearwater Steels

Clearwater-Steels.jpg

And finally, the Hyde Pulp Mill

Clearwater-Hyde-Pulp-Mill.jpg

With our work for the day complete, we bid farewell to the town of Clearwater, whose inhabitants, after listening to us set off crossing alarms for the last couple of hours, have probably enjoyed about as much of our company as they can stand ... :)

Heading-back-to-Clark-City.jpg

As the sun sinks toward the horizon, we pass the Greenstone grain elevator. The lights seem to be on a bit early ...

Greenstone-Grain-elevator.jpg

And finally, home to the yard in Clark City

Home-at-last.jpg

Another fun and engaging scenario. Thank you, hiawathamr! :wave:

64Warhorse - your welcome! Great to see someoyou're having a blast on the route :D

------------------

I second what Gary_Evans says about your shot Casey.

------------------

Coal train within the sunset
oIbfs6B.jpg

XPIyGXy.jpg

Cheers

hiawathamr and krpkk, nice shots. :wave:

I was playing the scenario on hiawathamr's Lafond route where you service the industries in Fox today, just one pic from it

Homeward-bound-from-Fox.jpg

It's a fairly long downhill run coming home from Fox, and rather than wear out brake shoes I decided to use the dynamic brakes, which worked just fine, thank you. It was only several minutes later, as I was rounding the cutoff for the line back to Clark City, that I remembered that neither of my locos this day was supposed to be equipped with dynamic brakes! :p :hehe: Still another great scenario from hiawathamr, regardless of the game's shenanigans. Thanks again! :)

The first step is to pick up boxcars from Calvin Screws, and reefers from the adjacent cold storage warehouse
And finally, the Hyde Pulp Mill

Clearwater-Hyde-Pulp-Mill.jpg

Sir,

A ques with this picture, with respect to the stacked heavy WOOD CRATES?

:confused:Are those individual, or a bunch of little ones stacked together.......Like how it looks.......:cool:

Nice pictures 64warshorse and krpkk!

--------------

blue - a bunch of little ones stacked together ;)

------------

CN grain crossing the river
XsVZyeZ.jpg

Cheers

Dawn breaks over a snowed-in Kingston as CPR #3401 shoves a plow past the Brock St. ferry dock, where Board of Works drivers are dumping snow into the lake to clear the downtown as the Wolfe Islander follows the icebreaker as she scythes a path to Wolfe Island

20210224021807-1.jpg

Back