The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

I trust everyone survived Canada Day. In Whitehorse there was lots going on. Not sure if they had fireworks or not as it stays light until very late - past my bedtime anyway! A couple more days and I should be in Inuvik, 24 hour daylight. That should be interesting!

Lovely shot from you Rick. Sails on the water and a colourful sky. Is that a schooner? I don't know much about ships. Those little trees must be newly planted. How's that going?

Pierre has given us another nice one too!

Cheers,
Jack

I installed the MBC 2010 554 route into TS12 SP1 HF4, and got all dependencies, but cliffs and some rivers have just grid texture. No faulty dependencies, no missing dependencies. Any way to fix the textures? By the way, I am loading up the MBC 2010 554 base session.

It was pouring here in Ottawa. I don't know how anyone could've celebrated in THAT weather. Last year my family and I didn't get home until 1am.

The former DAR line at Fundy Plant looking twords Windsor back wen the line was stell being used.
2015-07-03%20192133_zpsrfcvzvom.jpg

Just past millers juct.
2015-07-03%20192954_zpstslvlxm5.jpg

Driving throw Windsor yard couple of RS23s waiting for for the train to pass.
2015-07-03%20193528_zpssqksshd7.jpg

What track is that? I really love how the line looks almost overgrown. Oh yeah, I saw a picture of one of those B23-7's being hand-sanded. It was really cool.

Well, we made it to Inuvik after about 14 hours driving, 740 km over 2 days. The Dempster highway was wet and very muddy in places in Yukon but the NWT part was good. 7:30 pm local time and the sun is still way high in the sky. Had muskox burgers for supper - pretty good! I did indeed see some of the WP&Y and took some pictures. Went for a ride the first time I was in Skagway about 7 years ago.

Anyway, that's a very fine shot from you, Rick. I like how busy it is, the trains, the harbour and city in the background. Real nice! I can see part of a bridge on the right. Is that the one between Halifax and Dartmouth?

Dragonharh, nice shots there as well, and I agree with MeowRailroad, that track looks real good.

Have a good one guys!
Jack

Last edited:
Eric very well done your route!
i love the close up shots and vegetation arranged very well with lots of weeds I assume most from Jan right?
Here one from my build 77010 test run fps smooth as Thai silk.:cool:
TANE%2525202015-07-07%25252002-48-11-74.jpg

Roy

Last edited:
looks good Roy one of these days I'm going have to buy your full lanth route but right now its not on my budget, Ricks got the grove on he really knows how to grow em if you know what i mean. Pets got the nice ones in the northern parts. looks good gentlemen canada in trainz never looked more like home. Here in the easten parts the DAR is starting top be reborn to its former glory days.

Eric very well done your route!
i love the close up shots and vegetation arranged very well with lots of weeds I assume most from Jan right?

Roy
Thank you Roy, love your shots/route too, and yes, it's Jan's vegetation (most of it).

What was the paint scheme on this loco before it was patched?

It's a fictional repaint on one of Joe's (socalwb909) GP35 engines :).

Morning All;

Well Erik, you already know that I think the shots of your work are some of the best (the best!) I've seen in ALL of trainz, not just in this thread. If I had seen your work before I started my route, I would have used your shots to show me how to do the scenery. Can you tell us a bit about this route? Is it in Canada? It sure looks like many places in this country, some of the U.S., maybe even your country. What is your favorite part of the hobby? Seems like you are an expert in every area! Thanks very much for showing us your work and please keep them coming!

Cheers .... Rick
Thanks Rick for your kind words.

The route is a clone of my Swedish route, which I have tried to do a little more "American/Canadian" (but there is much yet that needs to be rebuilt both here and there, hehe ;)).

And my favorit part? Well, I love EVERYTHING with Trainz, but creating scenery/landscaping, and repaint stuff, is what I do most of the time when I "play" the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And excuse that I'm a "man of few words" in my posts, but my English is not the best, probably because it was 35 years since I went to school, and had my last English lesson, hehe :hehe:.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unnamed_20150707_0000.jpg

unnamed_20150707_0001.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Back