The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

tane4_0067.jpg

Harold

Trees look great! Any plans to release? (sorry to sound like a gimme pig)
Haven't any plans to release any trees just this one. Here is an upgrade of Forest Autumn 01.

The "Forest" group of vegetation textures work well. No author or EULA in the config.txt.

The original billboard on the right, Forest Autumn 01.

jankvis_tane_38.jpg

Download for SP3:

http://www.chainsawj... FA Tree 01.cdp

Use that as a clone. Take a .tga from one of the Forest trees.

Just change the Forest .tga to a renamed .png. The mesh scale in the config.txt changes size, a variable range of low to high.

Harold

Last edited:
Cayden's MBC route with billboard SpeedTrees in TANE SP4

Well, I've been looking for a good Canadian route, again disappointed. Someone listed a few and "Beautiful Canada" in German sounded nice...... almost totally blank map with only one piece of track. Saw your picture above, looks good, so checked download station and found a heap of stuff by Cayden, but no route?? So where would one find it?

Cayden's MBC route with billboard SpeedTrees in TANE SP4

Well, I've been looking for a good Canadian route, again disappointed. Someone listed a few and "Beautiful Canada" in German sounded nice...... almost totally blank map with only one piece of track. Saw your picture above, looks good, so checked download station and found a heap of stuff by Cayden, but no route?? So where would one find it?

http://doug56.net/MBC2010/route.html

I'm still around from time to time, and yes, there is still progress on this route made from time to time. Hopefully you didn't miss the sights and sounds of this too much :D

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Definitely looking good there, Chris!

Oknotsen, if you are going to play a few holes here now you better not be using white golf balls as we now have a few inches of snow. Nice screen shot!

That's a good one, Casey. I don't remember steamers but I do remember livestock on the rails.

I like the new vehicles from Adamovic and RRMods. Thanks very much!
Cheers, Jack

ZbbcxKb.jpg
[/IMG]

I wonder what is going on inside the cabs of those trucks? :hehe:

Honestly though, I really liked this shot. Great work, Jack!

Gisa ^^

Thanks for the compliment, Gisa.

Not sure what is going on with the trucks. They look perfect in Tane SP1. The glass is transparent and you can see into the vehicles. I checked them in Tane SP3 and they are the same as in TRS2019. From some angles the glass flickers like crazy and looks white as in my screen shot. The trucks and speed swing are a great addition though. What would a section crew do without a speed swing?

Cheers, Jack

Anytime, Jack. I'm not sure what's going on either. Perhaps it's a glitch? I own the North American version of TRS19 and I have to say I'm not impressed that I can't get default content in it to run routes like the full edition owners can. Speed swing? Is that that yellow heavy equipment thingy I saw? I was wondering where to get that...

Hope you don't have too much snow on the ground over there. We had a bit over here, which feels like a prelude to a very long and cold winter.

Gisa ^^

Gisa, here's a shot back in Tane SP1, build 84356. You can see into the vehicles here. The speed swing is a very versatile piece of equipment. The hook can be swapped for a bucket or large electro-magnet for picking up spikes or other scrap. There may be other things they can put on it that I don't know about. Hi-rail equipped but more often than not they just bounce it over the rails to where it is needed when in the yard. Of course the hi-rail comes in handy on a bridge or where there is no road near the track. RRMods US has the speed swing and vehicles in pack.

Snow, well, we got a few inches last weekend and while a fair bit has melted there is still some around and I would be surprised if it all melted away before real winter hits.

NBktUdS.jpg
[/IMG]

A very early W.I.P. Three railways of the Kettle Valley near Grand Forks, BC. Furthest away, a Great Northern ore train en route to the Granby Smelter. In the middle a Kettle River Valley Railway train arrives at Grand Forks from the Rock Candy Mine. In the foreground a CPR double header on the Boundary Subdivision westbound to Midway, BC. Would like to find some better period locomotives and rolling stock. The CPR locos are really showing their age and am temporarily using Russian hopper ore cars until I can find some suitable wooden or steel hoppers from the right era.

TRS19-2019-11-01-19-55-57-08.jpg

It looks like you are doing a very fine job, rjbradley! I look forward to seeing more shots as this progresses.

Cheers, Jack

:DWell I learned something new today....

"The speed swing is a very versatile piece of equipment."

Never knew what this piece of Railroad Equipment was called....:hehe:

Nice realistic looking pics......Keep them coming.:wave:

Thanks for your detailed reply, Jack! Another great shot from you, and Rjbradley, as well!

I too learned more about it, thanks to you. I had downloaded it before apparently, but it was open for edit, which was why I couldn't find it. @@

Keep up the great work!

Gisa ^^

Thanks Jack. My 5 year old PC is quite taxed by higher detail scenes like this one so most of my effort right now is track placement. I hope to upgrade sometime next year and then can get on with route-wide texturing and detailing.

Back