The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Great shots Ken. That walkway over the tracks reminded me of the one that used to cross the yard in downtown Saskatoon many years ago. My brother and I loved crossing over and watching the trains go past below us - with our parents of course, as we were only five or six years old. Now there is a mall/plaza where the yard was.

And I need to get the T1c yet. I found that they did work on the prairies a bit so they wouldn't look too out of place on my route.

Lumber rolling east at Leney.
Cheers, Jack

491cc13b7f0552e48f48bdf6ce240516.jpg

re post #1137 jackyamstel

Thanks Jack. Nice distance shot from you, if you want to run a Selkirk on your route, then make it so.

I am hearing reports that the new build (REAL WORLD) A1 pacific loco "Tornado" 60163 achieved 101 mph on a test run "somewhere in the NE of England"

yesterday early morning 12 04 17. So anything is possible real world or Trainz world.

Cheers Ken.

Great shot Jack & Ken...as I said, we need a ''like'' button. Ken, in post #3119 Am I seeing a face on the ''passenger'' side ? How is this possible ?
Cheers !
Pierre

I noticed that fellow in the cab as well, Pierre. It must be Ken himself! Great shot Ken!

Here's another look at Leney.
Cheers, Jack

8c32a14a57bcbc65ee8f0980f668ff07.jpg

re posts #3120 Rail4Pete and #3121#

Thank you for the compliments gentlemen.

The cab figures are animated and on the DLS. You can also with PEVSOFT attachment maker and alteration to config add to locos/cabooses without drivers/crew etc.

Cheers Ken (not me in the cab).
ac862e37cd7270be5453a826d04f7380.jpg

Compared to the screenshots from all of you "arteests", I'm almost embarrassed to offer up some of my work. Great screenshots, all of you.

"Not Recommended Practice"

Winter on the Canadian prairies can bring lots of snow. When spring comes, the snow turns to lots of water and overland flooding becomes a part of life.
CN 5263 moves dead slow through a patch of water that is just millimeters (Canada, remember?) above the rails. Keep those traction motors dry.

Last edited:
re post #3123 charlielima.

Thanks charlielima, you given me an idea for the future (nice pics as well).

Cheers evilcrow

re post #3126 Rail4Pete.

Must "down-date" if that's the word the Alco in my shot to pre 1960.

Nice phots from your good self.

Cheers Ken

Claude, the screenshots that you post are always terrific. I look forward to seeing what you're doing. Those last shots are very good. I know Manitoba gets it's share of flooding but I haven't seen water over the rail around here except for around the shop a few times.

Ken and Pierre, good shots with that old CPR power. Those units look great!

Here's one of a couple of GP-38s and a GMD-1 pulling onto the main with potash loads from Potash Corp's Allan mine.
Cheers, Jack

f5170d5177463d45f2186395ef81cf9e.jpg

You're a funny guy Claude! I think I'm just a professional amateur. Always learning something new from everyone else.
Have a good one!

Hi Folks;

So many great shots! Please accept apologies for not naming each of you.
Candidly, I get a great many super ideas I use in my layouts frmo these shots.

Today, I dedicate this shot to Ken, Pierre, OCTLS2, and N8phu. It's a shot of the Celgar Pulp mill near Castlegar.

dca5a9d8ed356f57a47b33f537a82903.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's from my CPR BC East layout.
Cheers,
--Michael.

A couple of shots of an excursion train on the Columbia River Basin route.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Re Post 3134 ..Nice shot Ken, I like those building (rough wood or log type) on the right hand side, I'm wondering if these are from Cayden ?

Re post 3135 Nice to see your shot in the Canadian thread Bill69. I know you are a steam lover and I'm still grateful for the help you gave me some years ago on making some loco working into TS12 .
Cheers !
Pierre

Back