The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

CSX in Canada - ok, it's a bit of a stretch for this thread, but I hope no-one minds too much! :)

Heading West out of Halden at dawn with a string of miscellaneous empties.

1zc1tmw.jpg

Nice shots guys! Good to see you posting again Neil! ^^ I haven't worked on my route in a while, but there is a CSX connection to the CN line not far west from Montreal where it crosses over a narrower part of the St. Lawrence. I *think* I saw a CSX engine on the Canadian side when I was in a VIA train going by. It's definitely plausible either way!

Edit: So, here you go, last shot from me. I hope I have given you at least an idea of what my part of the world is like. I hope you don't mind me keeping an eye on the thread to see what you are up to. If I see you slipping away from sight, I will remind you to keep the Canadian Thread alive.

Cheers again All .... Rick
What?? No more from Rick?!?! Why? We love your stuff! You can't leave us now! I mean even if you don't post shots, stop by and say hello! Don't leave us! We beg you! :)

Edit: So, here you go, last shot from me. I hope I have given you at least an idea of what my part of the world is like. I hope you don't mind me keeping an eye on the thread to see what you are up to. If I see you slipping away from sight, I will remind you to keep the Canadian Thread alive.

Cheers again All .... Rick

Darn, sad to see you go Rick. I always come in here to see what you have created, and I am always constantly impressed with what you do. You've given me a lot of inspiration on my own routes and it really is sad to see you leaving. I feel bad to be thanking you for all of your great work as you leave, but I hope that you can come back and show more shots as/if you can. Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me rick, even though I am thanking so late. :wave:

Dang man, leavin' just before I get in here... my impeccable timing. Always enjoyed browsing through this thread and seeing what's up here, and rick's shots were some of my favourites in here.
I'll drop a few of my own shots in here, I suppose. Hard to contend with a few great shots posted here lately.

"Once in a great while, the Canadians storm through the Silver Lines system... today a CN consist of 3 locomotives takes a gigantic intermodal train through the electrified division."

19765281136_d61d698d9e_h.jpg

19604851539_7bb1adcae3_h.jpg

19604850289_450e55e123_h.jpg

19603454320_6cbc1948b2_h.jpg

19168853554_64fc1d731e_h.jpg

19791457225_1156d3a6b0_h.jpg

19604844879_305a6f3f45_h.jpg

19784172482_08cd32155a_h.jpg

19604842409_06b46e6eb2_h.jpg

Cheers,
SM

I think I missed to read somrthing very sad ...What ? The pillar of this thread is kindda leaving us ? Rick you can't go your the soul of this thread, I hope it is just temporary and not definitive.
Regards!
Pierre

1ef332fee7f99ce43848952537f2402f.jpg
13d53cbd2a6ffb59cacd8a9ba965efd1.jpg

Last edited:
your welcome there Rick, I will promise i will post more shots next on Sunday the 26th and yes I use TANE. :) Sure I will promise to post more shots when I get back.

Last edited:
Lego (SM); Hee, hee, my friend, when I first saw your "handle", I thought I was going to see trainz built with legos! Lately, I've seen your shots here and there and they are well done. Keep sending us more!

Cheers .... Rick

Hah! I have a Lego SD40-2 on my desk, actually, and another 20,000 something bricks in my room alone... I don't want to know how many I have total...

Thanks for the compliment!

19192811834_97dde84fab_h.jpg

Cheers,
SM

Good day; Boy that looks good, SM! Is this your route? I'm not sure what I'm looking at anymore! Is it tane? I'm just asking as I've not seen many shots in tane with a lot of trees close to the rails. I think trees are something a lot of guys are dying to get their hands on for tane. If it is tane, those trees look great to me. Whatever version it is, I like your shots! Cheers .... Rick ..... we're seeing great work guys, keep them coming in!

Thank you! Yes, this is my route - the Silver Lines Electric Coal (working name). It's being built and sceeenshotted in TSMac 2, just the Mac clone of TS12SP1 (maybe it's just me, but I think Mac 2 has more shadows and little tidbits that TS12 doesn't..). If I tried to take any of the shots in that trainyard I've done in the past week in T:ANE, my computer would be completely wasted. So many trees and rollingstock..

Is it custom built? You should post pics in the "Show your models" section.
It's the Maersk SD40-2 I'm modifying to become more prototypical, but I do have some custom stuff I'm working on.. maybe when it's done I'll throw it on that thread.
Cheers,
SM

Last edited:
Back