Page 342 of 345 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5166

Thread: The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Thanks! It’s actually protolanced. CPR had a few steamships with train connections and the terminals were always these big grand affairs. Just look at Victoria’s Steamship Terminal or the station at Port McNicoll Ontario.

I’m just not sure about the red steel under the glass dome if it matches the old style stonework of the passenger terminal and steamship offices
    Last edited by HoggerDrew; March 5th, 2021 at 10:13 AM.
    Modelling the Kick & Push, one spike at a time

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

CP local

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerDrew View Post
    Thanks! It’s actually protolanced. CPR had a few steamships with train connections and the terminals were always these big grand affairs. Just look at Victoria’s Steamship Terminal or the station at Port McNicoll Ontario.

I’m just not sure about the red steel under the glass dome if it matches the old style stonework of the passenger terminal and steamship offices

I'd suggest painting the steel black instead, though I have no historical basis for that beyond childhood memories of Ottawa's railroad and canal infrastructure from the 1960s. The building itself appears to me to be somewhat out of scale with the trains, and seems to me to be much too white and washed-out looking. I must admit that it also feels to me to be something more like an exhibition hall that a terminal building. However, all of these are no more than my personal feelings, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 64Warhorse View Post
    I'd suggest painting the steel black instead, though I have no historical basis for that beyond childhood memories of Ottawa's railroad and canal infrastructure from the 1960s. The building itself appears to me to be somewhat out of scale with the trains, and seems to me to be much too white and washed-out looking. I must admit that it also feels to me to be something more like an exhibition hall that a terminal building. However, all of these are no more than my personal feelings, YMMV.
    Funny you mention Ottawa, I'm only a couple hours south, so I kinda went for a Union Station feel. Decided to go with gray/silver metalwork and reworked the terminal block, I think it looks better and 6904 looks good spotting the Cattaraugus Cannonball while 1300 gets serviced at the Wanakah yard for the return trip

Brad Pit

​MID CENTURY CANADIAN RAIL

The financial district in downtown Stifnek

Blog Entries

Amazing screenshots Hoggerdrew and Casey!

-----------------

CN unit train passing by the last set of semaphores and through the rolling countryside

Cheers

NARM's site^

Some shots from Dover Springs, ON.

Dover Springs is a main Divisional Point on CPR's Melville Subdivision, so it frequently plays host to numerous engines, everything from 0-8-0 yard switchers to the 4-8-4 Northerns that work the highball "Roller Freights", and everything in between, including the Division plow and Auxilliary Train

“Train!”

Blog Entries

Family road trip I see happening there

------------------------------------------------

Nice airshots Hogger.

------------------------------------------------

CN coal unit train as the sun sets

Cheers

NARM's site^

Due to CP's decision in late October of '57 to make Dover Springs a divisional point on the Melville Sub, there had to be some changes made. In April of '58, the powers that be, Mr T. M. Easton, General Manager - Engines and Rolling Stock, authorised and supervised the construction of a 4 track Coach Repair Shop, or CRS, as well as 3 RIP tracks adjacent, for the servicing of all coaches and freight equipment, as well as storage for the Auxiliary. Upon opening of the facility they marked the occasion with some aerial photos to show the improved yard.

General Manager Easton also authorised the order of 25 new G5a class 4-6-2 engines for passenger and occaisional way-freight service. This order adds to the 5 G5a's, 10 N2a's, and 2 V4 class engines assigned to the division.

Really great shots everybody!

This is between Punnichy and Touchwood, eastbound.
    Cheers, Jack
    [IMG][/IMG]

Looks like some decent muskeg, Jack