The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Good analogy Casey!
Oknotsen, that is indeed Ocemy's D38. It's a great model. This is a shot of it in the siding at Undora while a westbound goes past on the main.
Cheers, Jack

6Hplkrh.jpg

that is indeed Ocemy's D38. It's a great model.
Totally agree. I'll go dig mine up and put it in a picture somewhere.
If you keep puzzling that thing together: I have uploaded consists for them three years ago. Search for CHN D38.

Anyway,
Here is a CN heading East during autumn:
East-bound-CN-on-the-Canadian-Prairies.jpg

Oknotsen, after I put the parts of the Schnabel car together I saved it as a consist. Better than putting the pieces together each time I want to use it. The fellow on the end of the car is quite comical.

I saw Royal Hudson 2860 in Squamish in June, Casey. Unfortunately, there was some kind of convention going on in the building where it is housed and it was impossible to get a good picture of it. But I have some old black and white shots of it when it was in Saskatoon many years ago.
Cheers, Jack

lB4j5C3.jpg

I saw Royal Hudson 2860 in Squamish in June said:
She is a beauty! Science and Tech Museum in Ottawa and ExpoRail near Montreal both display static Royal Hudsons. Would have loved to have taken a 2860 excursion. It's one of my favourite trainz assets.;)
image.png

I want to get out east sometime. It would be nice to see those two engines. If they ever start those excursions again, I'm going! Another nice shot, too!

Eastbound leaving the siding at Undora. Actually, Undora is nothing more than a siding, about 6900 feet unless it's been extended since I retired. CN was doing a lot of siding extensions in the years before I left.

Real nice tanks cars Adamovic! Thank you!
Cheers, Jack

fwK7Gqv.jpg

Candian Rocky Mountains TRS19

Candian-Rocky-Mountains.jpg

working in surveyor at 1850 mtr has its perks too.

Roy:)

Attachments

• Candian-Rocky-Mountains.jpg
    Candian-Rocky-Mountains.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 12
I want to get out east sometime. It would be nice to see those two engines. If they ever start those excursions again, I'm going! Another nice shot, too!

Eastbound leaving the siding at Undora. Actually, Undora is nothing more than a siding, about 6900 feet unless it's been extended since I retired. CN was doing a lot of siding extensions in the years before I left.

Real nice tanks cars Adamovic! Thank you!
Cheers, Jack
Thanks! Also Undora is nothing more than a back track thats about 800ft long today. Siding was ripped out years ago along with Xena and Zelma.

That is quite a view, Roy!

It's interesting to see the difference between summer and winter in your shots, Oknotsen. Looking good.

Adamovic, thanks for that information. I was in Watrous about a month ago and saw that Xena was gone but didn't know about Zelma or Undora. I'm working off a 2002 track plan and will keep things mostly like it shows.
I've been retired six years and things change.
I need to take a drive out that way and see what's been going on.
Cheers, Jack

GBYx27V.jpg

It's interesting to see the difference between summer and winter in your shots, Oknotsen. Looking good.
Thanks!

Open for suggestions / quick wins on improving the looks.
Also looking for a decent track that has snow looks (as was clearly looking weird in the above image and again below).

Same town, different angles:

Town-on-the-Canarian-Prairies.jpg

Same-town-during-winter.jpg

Town-on-the-Canarian-Prairies.jpg

Same-town-during-winter.jpg

I think you're good with the route Oknotsen. Streets in small towns are generally snow-covered in winter. Even in the city it's usually just the main streets like bus routes that get cleaned. The street I live on is lucky to see a grader once in the winter unless there's a storm. I haven't been looking at different track much as I am mainly working in the summer or autumn seasons but I guess I better see what is around for track that looks good in winter as I'd like to get this route of mine as seasonal as possible. If I can't manage that, summer is OK too. But it's a long way from finished so not a big concern at the moment.
Cheers, Jack

89BjMX6.jpg

Wow! CaseyBerg! What a shot. can I ask what route that is?

Thanks Forester1. Prairie to Pacific is a fictional route I started three years ago and I expect will be a continuous work in progress as software and assets get better. Trs19 has certainly raised the bar.
Cheers!

Back