The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Thanks Chris for kind words, I really appreciate that. BTW I like your style, great work.

Hi Jack, your snow composition looks amazing ....
Have a nice day!

b1%202018%2001%20502.jpg

Barti

Very nice shots Erik! The CP unit looks real good as well as the old gas station and the taxi with the door open. Must be dropping off a crew.

East of Revelstoke here.
Cheers, Jack

cio5Yls.jpg

Nice details in those shots, Barti!

Westbound. I saw one of these blue units on the Warman Sub a couple of weeks ago. First one I've seen and it was a lot dirtier than the one in this screenshot.
Cheers, Jack

CCBQSuv.jpg

I am in the presence of greatness!
All the artists who have submitted their screenshots of late are to commended. Great shots everyone!

Jack; nice scenes around Saskatchewan. I was particularly fond of post #3577 on the outskirts of Saskatoon. I was born at St. Paul's Hospital 58 long years ago.
I am currently working on small route around Saskatoon. First pics should be out soon.

Eric; wow! Did you do something to Dave's log Gondolas to make them look especially dirty and rusted?

Claude

Very nice Erik! The BCRail unit is a lot dirtier than the one I have. It looks real good. That CN unit is different. Is that based on a real paint scheme?

58 long years ago, Claude. I'll be 65 next month and I sit and wonder sometimes how I got here so fast. I remember hiring on with CN in the fall of 1971 at age 18. My first time in the lunch room at the diesel shop, I looked around and saw a lot of old guys and then suddenly I was one of the old guys. Been retired now for 6 years and can hardly believe it sometimes. I look forward to seeing what you're working on, Claude.
Cheers, Jack

y5QOotX.jpg

Claude: I have add some weathering and shades to Daves gondolas :).
-----------------------------------------
Jack: Nice shot :).
I once saw some pictures of CN engines in some unusual color schemes, and among others, there was a GP35/GP38 (probably an ex BN unit ??) that looked much like my reskin.

Xn4rzkm.jpg

VxuftCP.jpg

93DINed.jpg

hKuxjT5.jpg

qqokP7Z.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Been a while since I've posted here, great shots from everyone!

Illinois Central GP40R #3138 was in charge of today's L519, and here is is seen shoving empties into Dunder Mifflin Paper (lol)

8Re340X.jpg

Later, he is seen rolling into Riverview Yard before he ties-up for the afternoon

VVxbgJC.jpg

Thank you Jack! Very nice CN from you. :D.

Thanks Erik! Great snow shots..... in my coutry is -18C I look forward to summer. :).

WCRULEZ nice GP 40 IC

b1%202018%2001%20933.jpg

Barti

Thanks Barti!

July 5th, 1998. Wisconsin Central L906 rolls out of Granite City towards Pollerni Steel behind 2 SDL39s and a GP40

kTO3iUv.jpg

Exactly 20 years later on July 5th, 2018, CN L520 races west to Pollerni. The scene is nearly unchanged, though the job now runs at night because of increased traffic since the WC ruled the Midwest Division

VDAF90q.jpg

Nice screenshot
Barti. I like that old VW. I'm looking forward to summer also. A few days of snow coming here.

I like those shots of yours WCRULEZ. I bet there a lot of places where the scene wouldn't have changed much.

Heading west here at mile 131.65
Cheers, Jack

h64CyJQ.jpg

Excellent, Pierre! I think I like this black and white version better than the colour one in your thread and I thought that one looked terrific.

Here's one at mile 147.5 heading west.
Cheers, Jack

HCHElOJ.jpg

Back