Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278
Results 4,156 to 4,159 of 4159

Thread: The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Good to see your paticipation Froobie ! From me, Downtown Montreal a long time ago.

Nice job on your prairie route, oknotsen! I look forward to seeing a session or two, something I have yet to learn.

Interesing screenshot, Pierre. I was in Montreal as a young boy long, long ago, but I remember nothing except that we were almost late getting to the airport from the train station. What a trip it was! Two or three days by train from Saskatoon and then eleven hours on the plane to Amsterdam. It was a four engine prop job and I remember seeing the flames coming out the exhausts as we flew through the night. Anyway, nice shot!

Cheers, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Rail4Pete View Post
    Good to see your paticipation Froobie ! From me, Downtown Montreal a long time ago.
    Looks like it could be somewhere along Boul. Rene Levesque. Is it, and did they really run dirty old steam trains through the centre of the city?
    T:ANE SP3 build 94829 and TRS2019 build 100240
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    Looks like it could be somewhere along Boul. Rene Levesque. Is it, and did they really run dirty old steam trains through the centre of the city?
    Hi Deane, as I can see you still remember those days you were living here ! Lets say my shot is 50% fiction so .....to answer your question , answer would be No. As you know, these were for tramway and we can still see those tracks today popping out of the street as they just covered them with asphalt completely when traway were removed. Montreal's street condition have never been worst than now. They lost control and we got to pay high price for this ....fixing direction and suspension on our cars, potholes everywhere.....but garage do great business.
    Regards,
    Rail4Pete
    Last edited by Rail4Pete; Yesterday at 11:56 PM.