The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Really nice shots from you Casey and Rick. You both do amazing work!

Eastbound out of Ituna. Track is now laid as far as Hubbard but painting textures and adding scenery will take time. It's been a busy summer and Trainz time has been limited.
Cheers, Jack
6YyUDQG.jpg
[/IMG]

Well Jack, that's some pretty fine looking work ya got there! You've shown us first class stuff since day one.

I'm also a fan of Casey's work. I am collecting all the items he is creating. I think I saw some photos of your ice house when I was looking for photos of 8 hatch reefers many moons ago.

I used to be able to put in 8 plus hours doing this. Some days I'm bushed after planting a tree or two!

Cheers All .... Rick

w0KkbtG.jpg
XsASQJp.jpg

Thanks Rick. I've got a lot left to.

These last two shots of yours are terrific. I like the look of the water with the algae/scum along the edge. And the kids on the raft are excellent. I remember doing that when I was a kid.

Cheers, Jack

Nice looking screens from Jack and Rick

Here’s a place to get a fresh cup of Nabob and a slice of Saskatoon Berry pie

1-DEA0-E05-6-C16-459-F-97-D2-CBF4-DC36-A60-E.jpg

Nice ones Jack and Casey! Trying to get a sawmill up and running. Here's one of the boys waiting for a ride up to camp 2. He's singing a little tune while he waits.

"Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.
I cut down trees, I wear high heels
suspenders, and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girle
Just like my dear papa."

KV06eRi.jpg

That's a nice looking little cafe, Casey. One of your creations?

Looking forward to seeing the sawmill and area completed, Rick. Interesting little tune there!

Switching at the grain terminal east of Ituna at mile 33.
Cheers,
Jack
uSnYYgZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Jack. The cafe is one of my Blender projects. Slowly getting comfortable with the process. Still lots to learn.

Here's another
Grey-Market.jpg

You're doing a good job with those buildings, Casey. It's been a number of years since I did anything with Blender but I'd like to get into creating once I finish my route and that is a couple of years yet at the rate I'm going.
Cheers, Jack

Jack, It's either Blender or Trainz. Hard to do both in the playtime alloted. Haven't done much route maintenance or run sessions in over a year since delving into the mysteries of Blender. Maybe there will be more time this winter to run Trainz AND build assets.

Early morning water stop

water-stop.jpg

Thanks, Forester1. I'm mostly focused on just getting the general scenery in place and will have to go back over the route one day when I'm finished.
Cheers, Jack
v8x9vII.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, great stuff guys! Jack, that route of yours looks better every time I see it. Nice to have Casey building Canadian stuff, and always shows it in a nice little scene. Chris.. always enjoy seeing your work when you drop by.

I'm trying to keep interested in building the route. Some days I just can't get into it. Well, here's some shots of the mill.

Cheers guys .... Rick

4CcCrTd.jpg
W8Mbj6E.jpg
tUP2axr.jpg

You're doing a fine job there, Rick! I wanted to explore the area some more. Looks real good!

Eastbound at Ituna with the 7269 going to Symington in Winnipeg for work. The week before I retired the 7269 was involved in a little incident. Used to take my camera with me so I got a picture or two or six.
Cheers, Jack
tEz9zAI.jpg
[/IMG]
hRDfYlR.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have been away from this community for a very long time, but wow have there been some serious content creators / route builders since I was away! Well done everyone!

Rick, You have a nicely detailed route there with hopefully lots more to show.
Jack, Looks like 7269 at least stayed up right, dignity somewhat intact.

Pump Jockey. No self serve here.
8-C8-D1-F41-515-D-47-B6-80-A2-5-E40-DF1121-D5.jpg

Back