The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Question: How hard would it be to turn a 2-8-2 into a 4-6-2

For a mod like CN S1b to CP G2, you would need to own the mesh and learn Blender to alter the features. To just switch out wheels, you would need to dive into the Trainz wiki and learn how to manipulate the bogie tag in the config file. The results will depend on the level of plausibility you are willing to accept.

Midnight Coal
968-E2-D0-D-27-F6-474-D-8-BE2-7-B0-C9-E6624-CE.jpg

@Casey - Yeah I swapped the bogies and started moving them into place, just the main drivers are too far ahead but I may get it sorted out.

@Rail4Pete - I own the Kitbash G2, however the cab is the wrong shape for a CP loco.....it's rounded/slanted instead of squared off

Excellent pics everyone

Some shots of G5b 1259 as she approaches the Glen Falls station, and then one more of her wating for the highball at Glens Falls

20200906165848-1.jpg

20200906162450-1.jpg

20200906162805-1.jpg

Nice looking screenshots everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few from my WIP route - this section is complete (at least for now)

Morning train passing through the hills:
eHeS5fF.jpg

AZ7iqAZ.jpg

Same train in the afternoon hours passing through the open fields:
Q0DXnmA.jpg

KocwyGC.jpg

xWUpafW.jpg

Cheers

Hiawathamr,
Really nice shots. Is this an extention to your Canadian switching route? Is that route still coming out? Just curious. I hadn't seen any more pics posted of it.

Heinrich505

Cheers Heinrich505:)

Nope, this is a different route; the DEM data and most of the tracks are actually based from a shortline railroad that isn't too far from me. Of course, I added my own personal touches that the real line doesn't have here and there ;)

The Industrial Switching route is scheduled to come out (probably when SP2 comes out due to how the TCCP handles the new packaging system). If you want to get a sneak peak, you can sign up for the beta tester role and claim the package here: https://tccp.auran.com/beta_packages.php

Cheers

I've received your PM Heinrich505, and will read it ASAP.
--------------------------

More CP images from working on the town - not finished yet, but close:D

qeoeNOS.jpg

bV2E1jd.jpg

Cheers

Some shots from the Lake Erie CP Cattaraugus Sub......unlike other CP divisions, Cattaraugus was able to keep their branding, albiet in CPR colours, up until 1980
20200913193841-1.jpg

20200913233111-1.jpg

20200913233118-1.jpg

Back