The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

This is the CN Pioneer Valley Engine Shed, located in the fictional town Pioneer Valley, Ontario. This is on the CN Northwood sub, from Javier to Northwood, a rail corridor in Northern Ontario. The line used to run even more southeast ward that connected to the CN Bala Sub. However after the company that used to run there filed for bankruptcy the tracks remained abandoned. VIA Rail attempted at one point to bring it back but the local government turned in to a forest pathway. Now the CN own the southern part of the subdivision and VIA runs from Testhare to Northwood. This route is 100% fictitious and could be released soon.
The-CN-Pioneer-Valley-Engine-Shed.jpg

Re post #4495 Rail4Pete
Thanks for the compliment Pierre, it was a complete surprise to see my shot in the newsletter, I must admit I was pleasantly pleased.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

The screenshots continue to be terrific. Great work by everyone posting!

I haven't had much time for the Watrous Sub so here's a couple more of the White Pass & Yukon between Summit and Skagway.
Cheers, Jack

fJzGHhJ.jpg
[/IMG]
hZoJleh.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a feast dropping in here and enjoy so many excellent shots.
I am testing traffic at the Big Hill near Field,BC and enjoy the scenery near the Continental Divide and spiral tunnels.
Here a shot at the divide heading WB early morning on a foggy,hazy day.

Roy%27s-TRS19-Canadian-Rocky-Mountains-Ottertail-to-Castle-Jct..jpg

During the Toronto Rush Hour at around 8:00 AM
Toronto-Morning-Rush-Hour.jpg

Here is a Milton GO Train under the crossover with a stationary GO Train in the North Bathurst Yard

A Kitchener GO Train enters the USRC with a rare CN on the Connecting Tracks from the CN Oakville and Kingston Sub with a Dash 8 and a Dash 9.

Two VIA trains sitting, one bound for Niagara Falls and a rare daytime appearence for the Canadian, departing Union to enter the CN Bala Sub/Richmond Hill line.

Here is another shot of the Canadian leaving to head to the CN Bala Sub, while a Richmond Hill GO Train enter union station to Platform 6/7. As such, the people at the Scott Street and Cherry Street towers gives clearance for Via to enter the tracks.

Work on the Watrous Sub has been progressing very slowly, maybe 3 miles in the last month. Too many other things on the go.
Cheers, Jack

2dG7Bvb.jpg
[/IMG]

Love Toronto. Glad to see you found a CN Tower :) What era is this? Niagara Falls has had Amtrak for several years, and The Canadian usually heads up the Newmarket before backing down the York near Mac then heading towards the Bala. It's looking awesome. Could use some CROR signals, I just don't want to get in trouble.

Thanks

Sean

RE post #4515 CaseyBerg
Very nice composition of an urban scene.
Re post # 4514 Rail4Pete
Getting an panning shot is hard, well done Pierre.

BTW Roy and Pierre, thanks for the compliments.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Back