Class 139

OwenapHurcum

First off I would like to say this is my first post and I do not really know where to post this thread but I thought here would be best and it can always be moved if I am wrong.

I was doing research in British Rail DMU's to try and find a type that I can actually get to work on content manerger when I came across the class 139. When I looked the Download Station all I found was engine noise and horn for it not the actual DMU. I was therefore wondering (as a complete noob in content creation) if anyone would be intrested in creating the class 139 DMU for Trainz 2009?

I have only found it in London Midlands Livery which is not really the location of my Railway (planned to be in the Welsh Vally's) thus if anyone could created it in Arriva Trains Wales livery or a reskin I would be greatful. Also I do plan to create my own Company in Trainz with my own livery, however for whatever reason this has failed to work when I reskined my Class 158. Therefore if anyone could send me a skin file to put my own design on I would also be greatful. I understand this is a big ask but if anyone could do this I would be greatful, and happy to do something in return (even if at the moment my Trainz Skills are very very limited).

Some pictures of the Class 139

8713825264_89f41f21ca.jpg

Class_139_London_Midland_Diagram.PNG

4862398907_8f6d8c440e.jpg

Also here is the Livery I would like for my company Llinellau Ddraig (Dragon Lines) if it is at all possible to make it would be much appreciated :) also the destination boards for my own Livery, can they read "Ponty Risca Parkway" & "Cerrig Halt" thank you.

2zq5w1d.jpg

Im sure better images can be found online for the creator. Thanks for reading and if anyone does want to help then thank you even more :).

Last edited:
Owen,

Welcome to the forums and to Trainz. Even though I am not familiar with this particular rail vehicle, I can say that if you have the asset installed you can easily modify it to suit your needs using a photo editing program such as Photoshop, Gimp, or even Paint Shop Pro.

Using Content Manager (used to download the assets (Trainz parts such as trees, buildings, trains, etc.), you open the asset for editing in Explorer, and then edit the textures to suit your needs. I won't go into the details on this here. If you need help with this, I suggest starting a new thread in the Content Creation support forum.

Once you've changed your livery, you can then add this to your stable of trains and run it on your routes.

John

Just to recap I don't think there is a Class 139 that exists for Trainz am I wrong? EMUs and DMUs take a fair amount of effort to create so I don't think you'll see one in the near future.

Cheerio John

No one has made one that I'm aware of, it's a Parry People mover and originally only used on a very short line, 0.8 miles, between Stourbridge Junction and Stourbridge Town, bit of a rarity in that it uses flywheel energy storage obtained when braking as it's means of power.

There have been various tests done on heritage lines with improved? versions, the original concept was actually tested on the Narrow Gauge Welsh Highland Railway. Not sure if they are used anywhere else yet.

Last edited:
Thank You to those that have replied.

Let me clarify what I meant on my post. There are no class 139 downloads available on the download station, and the only livery they have in real life is London Midland. I am asking for anyone who would not mind creating a class 139 in my livery as so far livery changes has caused game crashes. Again thanks to repliers and I hope to find the skills to embark on this project eventually. :)

What about using the built in DB RS1's? Although quite a bit larger than the 139, they are also light rail cars and would be a great interim solution. Just search RS1, although I believe there is an American loco by the same name. Then, to add your destinations, add the rule DestSignTable to your session. Type in Ponty Risca Parkway and Cerrig Halt, and hit add. You should now see those two destinations in the little table (don't forget to add each destination individually!). Then go to commands (the one where you add the commands that will be available for your drivers) and tick the rule called ChangeDestSign (?). Lastly, load into your session, and right click your train. The click Change Destination Sign, then click table of contents. Lastly, select one of the destinations you entered and Bingo! Hopefully the inside and outside destination indicators should change. Hope that helps :)

Back