Hyperloop trains.

Ah, It's decorative? It' solid, not a grill.
Correct. And therefore stupid from a design point of view. If you don't have a radiator you don't need and therefore shouldn't have a grill, or something that is meant to look like a grill. Otherwise though it is a very nice looking car, if very pricy. When I was out in Menlo Park in June, every time I turned around I saw a Tesla...it took me a while to realize that the dealership was just down the street from my motel. Seemed to be a lot of interest. I'll believe 300 miles perhaps in perfect California weather, but the NYTimes reporter came up short, and I wonder how far it would go in a zero degree New England winter day with the heater on.

Correct. And therefore stupid from a design point of view. If you don't have a radiator you don't need and therefore shouldn't have a grill, or something that is meant to look like a grill. Otherwise though it is a very nice looking car, if very pricy. When I was out in Menlo Park in June, every time I turned around I saw a Tesla...it took me a while to realize that the dealership was just down the street from my motel. Seemed to be a lot of interest. I'll believe 300 miles perhaps in perfect California weather, but the NYTimes reporter came up short, and I wonder how far it would go in a zero degree New England winter day with the heater on.

They blew all kind of holes in that NYTimes reporters story. The dummy didn't even have enough smakes to know that the data monitor on the car tells all. He abused and short charged the car a number of times. End of story. Design? Like I said, it's not a grill, so it's purely aesthetics. I for one think it looks nice. They also has been proven in much more extreme weather than NE.

You no, there will always be something that some don't like, but all I know is that our present Government dropped the ball big time in backing the Chevy Volt, when they should have been all over this one. Oh and as far as expense? Look for a 35K version in a year or so.

I'm a big fan!! Can you tell? I have been following these guys since day one. Tesla is the future.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your comment is worth commenting on, but I will give it a shot.

Ah, It's decorative? It' solid, not a grill. The car has the lowest coefficient rating than anything on the market.

Coefficient of what? A coefficient is a measure of something.

Edit: just now realized that most of these posts are old.

Last edited:
Not in your lifetime ! NO ... Not in your lifetime !
Speak for yourself.

No clue how old you are and maybe you are expecting to die in a few years, so it might be right for you, but most of us still have more than half their life ahead of us.
Looking back at when I was in high school: Nobody had a mobile phone, now everyone has. Landing on Mars was just a fantasy, now we have. England was an island most common people in Europe travelled to by boat, now you take the train via a tunnel.
See the amount of inventions, discoveries and creations done during the last 30 years.

If this railroad is propelled by pressurized pneumatic air (like a drive through bank delivery system), do you realize just how hard it would be to maintain air pressure seals, and pipe joints, with ground heaving, thawing, and movement of the earths tectonic plates ? and what would these be made of ? Plexiglass tubes ? And how would they extract passengers if the air pressure propulsion failed midway en route ? And what in the event of fire ... everyone on-board would be trapped like giant gerbils, in a huge smoke filled Habit-Trail tube system, with no way out ... OK lets power it by electromagnetic propulsion, like the Germans tried, and failed at on their mag-lev rail system ... Not in your lifetime, if you live to be 98.

Some things are just too utterly lame brained, and so radically hair brained, and rediculously far fetched, to ever feasibly pan out ... no matter how advanced technology you have in the year 2093.

We were to have a Moon base, jump off, to distant planets by the year 2005 ... lol ... At any given time our world could suddenly end by a Matilda asteroid like in the movie starring Steve Carell: "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" ... and radical extremist terrorists, or hostile governments, will probably make our demise definite in your own lifetime ... I would not plan on living to be 98, and being shot through a tube, like a human blow dart.

A trans siberian railroad connecting Alaska to the Soviet Union ... an Atlantic Ocean Chunnel, from NY to Paris ... Popular Mechanics magazine "Flying Cars" ... Naah Naah Naah, Computer says: Noooooo !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6hMhL1YsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-ohazWxR8

Last edited:
If this railroad is propelled by pressurized pneumatic air (like a drive through bank delivery system), do you realize just how hard it would be to maintain air pressure seals, and pipe joints, with ground heaving, thawing, and movement of the earths tectonic plates ? and what would these be made of ? Plexiglass tubes ? And how would they extract passengers if the air pressure propulsion failed midway en route ? And what in the event of fire ... everyone on-board would be trapped like giant gerbils, in a huge smoke filled Habit-Trail tube system, with no way out ... OK lets power it by electromagnetic propulsion, like the Germans tried, and failed at on their mag-lev rail system ... Not in your lifetime, if you live to be 98.

Some things are just too utterly lame brained, and so radically hair brained, and rediculously far fetched, to ever feasibly pan out ... no matter how advanced technology you have in the year 2093.

We were to have a Moon base, jump off, to distant planets by the year 2005 ... lol ... At any given time our world could suddenly end by a Matilda asteroid like in the movie starring Steve Carell: "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" ... and radical extremist terrorists, or hostile governments, will probably make our demise definite in your own lifetime ... I would not plan on living to be 98, and being shot through a tube, like a human blow dart.

A trans siberian railroad connecting Alaska to the Soviet Union ... an Atlantic Ocean Chunnel, from NY to Paris ... Popular Mechanics magazine "Flying Cars" ... Naah Naah Naah, Computer says: Noooooo !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6hMhL1YsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-ohazWxR8

Well said... The other Popular Science future technology was supposed to be Atomic cars and Atomic trains. Yup. We were all supposed to be driving nuclear-powered vehicles around, and from the 1950s article I saw, every vehicle had fins too. :)

The very first New York subway system was supposed to be pneumatically driven. Guess what... It didn't work so they resorted to the old-fashioned but still viable, electric-powered trains. I don't see a pneumatic system for transit, because of the amount of air pressure needed to drive the vehicles over such a long distance. If the system were built, we'd be blowing our heads apart from the internal pressure inside the carriages! My ears pop now riding in the pressurized cabin of jet plane. I can't imagine the pain and agony of a pressurized train car like that.

I agree, what happens if there's a fire? The flames would be forced along through the tube at a high rate of speed. Given that they'd be under high pressure, it would be like a Bernoulli tube, and everyone would be roasted in a split second.

The 1950s Atomic Car and other stuff:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/x-ray_delta_one/4175280665/

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/34/08/5834080936a663e583fb719968391721.jpg --- 150 mph subway!

And an interesting link on stuff we're still waiting for...

http://www.dailyedge.ie/futuristic-inventions-that-should-be-a-reality-by-now-1141182-Oct2013/

John

Hyperloop is actually more expensive than the SCMaglev used in Japan. As well as a job killer, plus the fact that Hyperloops can't haul in Quantity like a traditional rails can. Plus, Musk has ownership of twitter and been sending weapons to Ukraine. It's cheaper to have the Shinkansen or the SCMaglev over the Hyperloop.

Back