An Acheivment at long last

seeseeme

Getting Older :)
After 11 great years with Trainz, I have finally bitten the bullet and started to learn to Drive in Cab mode :D:D Not going to try Steam Loco's, that may take another 11 years, but I'll keep playing with Diesel ones.

Craig
:):):)

Once you go CAB ... You'll never go back !

Running a 16,000 ton loaded coal train, down an 11 mile long, -1.75% grade, takes a little bit of trainhandling to prevent runaways !

Last edited:
Congratulations, Craig you've crossed to the 'dark' or light side! :)

I use both modes, depending upon what mood I'm in or whether I'm just testing or want to drive. Testing is best done in DCC mode because I can stop and start easily and poke around without worrying about train controls too much.

John

Welcome to the Dark Side, here is a spare pair of shorts and a crowbar in case you lose your air brakes coming down Sandpatch Grade into Cumberland.

then you have spent tasteless 11 years of driving in trainz.i was also on dcc but once i enter the cab never going back

Thanks everyone, did have some testing trouble yesterday. Stopping at a station is not easy so I decided if I miss just to keep going. Some passengers are not happy with me.

Testing with one Passenger consist was difficult, 1 notch on the throttle took me over 40kph, I panicked, then everything went greyish, what happened thought I. I look at the driver on the bottom of the screen and he was gone, only a question mark. Ah ....... I was dead, I crashed, exiting Driver helped.

After that scare I wish I had a beer on hand :D

Craig

Add the line: -freeintcam to your trainzoptions file lines, and you can roam about the cab, and even outside of the cab.

By placing a trackside warning sign, of some sort, @ 1 mile distant a station, it will give you advance warning of when to apply brakes, or dynamic brakes.

Oh boy....just wait until you get a Rail Driver console and try the Cab mode with that. I was running a heavy coal train on The Loops route the other day. The rail gradients made that a real challenge with the traffic. The Cab Control using Rail Driver made it pretty cool.

I saw a pic somewhere of a rail driver (?) setup using a AAR control stand and brake stand.....

If I recall, PI Engineering who make the Raildriver used to make a full AAR Control stand fro MSTS and other sims.

In my looking via Google, I found a few references to people building their own for MSTS.

PI Engineering Dose offer the kits to build your own system, this Ill have to look into....

Add the line: -freeintcam to your trainzoptions file lines, and you can roam about the cab, and even outside of the cab.

By placing a trackside warning sign, of some sort, @ 1 mile distant a station, it will give you advance warning of when to apply brakes, or dynamic brakes.

There's Brakes ? :D

Raildriver would be kinda could ... but I make do with KB commands ... what you really need is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YK5_y1LzHk ... and a padded comfy cushion to keep your legs from going to sleep !

Not sure if that guy is married, if so he has a very understanding Wife.

Thanks Everyone

Craig

Back