Congratulations bendorsey!

Thank ya kindly folks. Don't feel any different (which means my normal aches and pains haven't changed, lol). I'm in pretty good shape as I don't smoke and never have but I do like my burbon & branch water, lol. Still ride a motorcycle though it does have 3 wheels (and a 350 cu in Chevy V-8 engine in it).

I got an unusual surprise today though I'm not exactly sure its a present. Went downstairs to my old computer room to get a RR reference book and when I opened the door I saw something littering the floor. Turned the light on and realized it was dead bugs. Carefully entered and took a look. There was a bee hive about 6 to 8 inches in diameter attached to the ceiling. Needless to say I beat feet out post haste, turned the light off, closed the door as tightly as I could. We have a total of 3 doors between them and us. Have a call in to our exterminator service. Not sure if they can get rid of them inside. They have successfully gotten rid of 2 or 3 hives that were between the aluminum siding and the insulation outside. If not the local police department will have a number for one of those bee guys that get rid of unwanted bees. I'm not particularly allergic to them nor is my wife but my daughter is so they gotta go ASAP.

Ironically the Science Fiction channel has a movie on right now about killer bees (gulp).

Ben

Last edited:
Silly bees, even they want to come over to celebrate and have a part of your cake!
;)

Have a good one and belated best wishes!

Hope ya had a great birthday! When I turned 60, everyone said it was "the new 40". For me, it felt like the new eighty! Thanks so much for all you have given us. As we used to say in the good old days, keep on truckin'. I'm not even sure what that means anymore!

Cheers.....Rick

Ben
Sorry that I missed this thread yesterday. I hope that you had a great birthday.
Thanks for all of your contributions and assistance to this community. You are a great example of what is best about this forum and Trainz.
Best Wishes
Mike

Belated happy birthday Ben for 70 years young. Shame the bees gatecrashed your party, hope that's been dealt with. Thanks for all your creations.

Paul

Sorry I'm late, Happy Birthday Ben. Chevy 350 - little underpowered For you man, I was thinking at least a V10 or maybe one of the exotic V12's. Glade to here your still on the road!

Back