Deleting or updating my own content to DLS

jeroenvandorp

Sunday Driver
Hi,

I created a route and one session of that route and uploaded it.

Of course after this I found some errors and corrected them. But now the content manager tells me my "content" is on DLS and in the main program itself I have to create a local clone of the session to edit it.

I also can't upload a better version because the upload manager tells me the content is already on DLS. And I can't find a way to delete the things I uploaded.

This is all very cool, with all the tech messages. I also understand that uploading means "deleting it local" instead of uploading a copy. Deleting my own uploaded content is also not possible.

A few questions: how can I delete my (faulty) uploaded content? How can I upload a better version with the same KUID? How can I prevent that uploading means losing my local copy?

Thanks for any help!

(As an aside: when first uploading it, I got the message that there were "missing dependencies" and people would be notified to correct them. However, I installed TS12 out of the box and applied the official SP1, so no additional content. I wonder why I got that message. Maybe content removed online since I bought my copy of TS12?)

J.

Content manager, right click, create new version, that will give it a kuid2: kuid, you upload the kuid2 version which will obsolete the older version on the DLS

It is possible to update the Download Station version, but you must use right-click > Create New Version to update the KUID, then commit the new version. This new version is what will need to be uploaded rather than the original KUID.

Shane

I see that the replacement part of your question is already answered, so let me handle your side:
As an aside: when first uploading it, I got the message that there were "missing dependencies" and people would be notified to correct them. However, I installed TS12 out of the box and applied the official SP1, so no additional content. I wonder why I got that message. Maybe content removed online since I bought my copy of TS12?
The built-in content is not on the DLS. That upload thing checks if the dependencies are on the DLS, which they are not.
You can ignore that message.

A few questions on the same subject:
1. Is there any way I can delete my content from DLS?
2. If I upload an asset to DLS, does this make my local content original? Or do I have to download my own content again?
3. If I want to create a new version of 200 assets uploaded to dls, do I have to manually click on each one and choose Create New Version? Is there any faster way? (Batch?)

In order:

1.No. N3V can remove content if requested, but this will only be done in certain circumstances like copyright infringement.
2.No. You will need to delete and re-download the asset if you intend to use it in Multiplayer.
3.I haven't tried it, but you could end up with a lot of new KUIDs if it is possible.

Shane

3. If I want to create a new version of 200 assets uploaded to dls, do I have to manually click on each one and choose Create New Version? Is there any faster way? (Batch?)
You will have to manually click them one by one.
Alternatively you can edit all your current versions and re-upload them with the same KUID and it will automatically get a new version number.

Thank you for replies!

2. Yeah, I want to use them in multiplayer. I hope that TANE will fix this annoying issue about downloading my own content.
3. If uploading with the same kuid again automatically creates a new version, it's good enough for me. :)

Content manager, right click, create new version, that will give it a kuid2: kuid, you upload the kuid2 version which will obsolete the older version on the DLS

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am trying to modify the config of a route I have uploaded.
Right click gives nothing but Content, 'Create new version' does but I see no evidence of the updated kuid2....
I am 77 so could be missing something :)

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am trying to modify the config of a route I have uploaded.
Right click gives nothing but Content, 'Create new version' does but I see no evidence of the updated kuid2....

Not sure what you are asking, but after the new version is created, you have to look for it in "Open for Editing" and name it.

When you create a new version by going to the top menu content and create new version it creates it but sort of hides it. Click on installation date at the top and you should now see "New Asset" this is your new version. Right click and submit edits now it will show you the correct name and the correct updated kuid number.

Any questions just ask.

Cheerio John

I am trying to modify the config.txt of a route I have uploaded.
By following the instructions in the thread a new kuid should have been created eg <kuid2...>
There is no evidence of one open for edit.
Maybe there is an alternative method for achieving the goal?
Just noted John's reply will try that,thanks.

All fine, I now have the amended asset but when I upload I get the report 'not logged in' - now what have I done wrong? :(

All fine, I now have the amended asset but when I upload I get the report 'not logged in' - now what have I done wrong? :(

When you start trainz up it logs in but then after a while it drops the connection. So logout of the windows account which makes sure everything is shut down then log in and start trainz. Now do your upload.

Cheerio John

When you create a new version by going to the top menu content and create new version it creates it but sort of hides it. Click on installation date at the top and you should now see "New Asset" this is your new version. Right click and submit edits now it will show you the correct name and the correct updated kuid number.

Any questions just ask.

Cheerio John

Couldn't find 'installation date' but found a DBR does the job, thanks, all sorted, now to tackle the 460 modules of the Blender course :)

Back