Products not specified unload at industry - How?

carnsrb

I've been playing with HarborMaster TS12 for a while now creating and running sessions. It's developed by philskene and I'm a fan of his work. For this route he provides an commodity, freight car, and industry sheet that shows you what products go with which cars and load and unload at what industries. What I have come across however is a couple of instances where a product loads or unloads as specified on his sheet, but when you go to that industry the product isn't shown in the product list as being available. As an example Trailers-HP are shown as unloading at industry TOFC3 and they do. However when you bring up properties of the industry track the only product shown is a 40ft. container. The route level shows no products, for this route they are all added at the session level. I'm at a loss as to how it's possible. It doesn't really affect anything but it bugs me that I can't understand what is going on.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Bob

Hi Bob --

I'm assuming that it is the session where all the industries are configured to produce and consume commodities? It has this work sheet:

We on the same page here? If so it's quite some time ago that I did that session and I'm having a senior's moment trying to recall what happened.

I do remember I encountered the same issue that you describe. I configured industries, they worked as intended, but then I found that I could not find some commodities in the Multiple Industry New configuration screens. I think I eventually came to the conclusion that there may be a maximum number of commodities that the Multiple Industry New will display - they will be there but just will not show in the configuration menus.

Can anyone else shed some illumination on this?

Phil

Phil,

We are on exactly the same page. What I've done actually is build off of your Session 1. I did that because I really like the AI train concept and what that makes you think about but wasn't sure how to recreate that. I've built 6 sessions and it was kind of an accident I became aware of the issue and then started digging. When I couldn't find the answer in my sessions I went back to your Session 1 and the route itself but didn't find the answers.

Bob

Back