CLUB CAR: Program Overhaul

Yeah but there will be a free asset every month, year long discount, during sales we get a better discount, skype meetings with the JR crew. Thats a lot for $35 a year. Heck just getting the content that isn't available to anyone else has made the $35 worth it to me.

Hmmm, though I had commented on this, guess my edit didn't save.

At any rate, would you definitely, willfully and intentionally buy all of it? Let's say, would you buy the CEFX loco for $3 or $4 or $5 AND the lumberyard AND the RS-1 AND all the other content? If not, it may not make financial sense.

Or, perhaps look at it this way: Let's say the CEFX loco was the only thing that interests you. Would you pay $35 for it?

Also, you have to do quite a bit if buying to break even or get ahead. You'd have to buy about 13 locos at typical prices to make the money back.

Club savings often aren't a good deal for consumers; that's why marketers use them. You often have to buy a lot, and often things you normally wouldn't have bought left to your own devices. That's why I never renewed my Sam's Club membership and never looked back; it just wasn't worth it.

Don't take this as a criticism of the content or JR. It's very nice stuff and, as a content creator myself, I appreciate the hard work that went into every item. I'm just looking at this purely from a financial and mathematical viewpoint. Keep in mind that I'm also a Club Car member and have been since the program began.

Well we have the ability to make it worthwhile and we do. These items are not for sale, they are special items you get as another way to make this even more "worthwhile" so there is no opportunity to buy it anyway. The special sales often allow you to save at least your membership right there in most cases, and what you guys don't know is what's coming next or the other features that are being added. I just find it hard to imagine that the $35 spent for the entire year somehow isn't worth it all the content you would end up with. If you are a member for a year since we expanded the program you would end up with at least 12 items, not to mention the 25% discount on everything, plus the increase of discounts at sale time. This is also on top of anything else we may do during the year, one thing is certain I'm going to make sure you get your $35 worth. If you're not getting your $$$'s worth at $35, this program isn't for that person. This program was started to reward our customers that were buying quite a few engines, it's not meant for the trainzer that buys 1 or 2 a year.

Mike

Back on help topic: The file has been updated!!

Edit: I would ditch my Sams Club card too but I have to have the cheese..... It's all about the cheese.

Last edited:
Great! Ten characters

All fixed. thanks guys. also, I think the club car program is absolutely worth the money.

Hmmm, though I had commented on this, guess my edit didn't save.

At any rate, would you definitely, willfully and intentionally buy all of it? Let's say, would you buy the CEFX loco for $3 or $4 or $5 AND the lumberyard AND the RS-1 AND all the other content? If not, it may not make financial sense.

Or, perhaps look at it this way: Let's say the CEFX loco was the only thing that interests you. Would you pay $35 for it?

Also, you have to do quite a bit if buying to break even or get ahead. You'd have to buy about 13 locos at typical prices to make the money back.

Club savings often aren't a good deal for consumers; that's why marketers use them. You often have to buy a lot, and often things you normally wouldn't have bought left to your own devices. That's why I never renewed my Sam's Club membership and never looked back; it just wasn't worth it.

Don't take this as a criticism of the content or JR. It's very nice stuff and, as a content creator myself, I appreciate the hard work that went into every item. I'm just looking at this purely from a financial and mathematical viewpoint. Keep in mind that I'm also a Club Car member and have been since the program began.

I joined the club car program because I was purchasing quite a few engines, at least 2-3 a month, and the savings would add up by the end of the year. So the member only content is a bonus. I haven't seen an early release yet since I joined but that won't keep me from signing up again. Some people will find it beneficial, others won't.

You can expect to get new model lines first (early releases). For instance the P42's, GP50's, and anything new will be available as early release.

Thanks!

Mike

Im just happy for all the other great content to help fill out my needs in TS12, thanks! lol

And loosing about half my paycheck, haha!

You can expect to get new model lines first (early releases). For instance the P42's, GP50's, and anything new will be available as early release.

Thanks!

Mike

Can you give a hint if there's going to be any of those thingys in Southern Pacific livery? Thanks.

Putting this to good use:

Paul

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone here know who I can contact about club car membership activation?

Our support@ jr email address is always good for these types of things. We typically activate clubcars at least every 24 hrs or so, but with weekends we slack sometimes. It's all manually turned on and off so I'll take a look later and approve anyone whos pending.

Back