Looking for help finding missing Dependencies

The reason you need to change kuid numbers manually is that some will not update as their TYPE has been changed and CM wont recognise the asset.
The type is the Icon on the left side of the main pane in CM. A lot of assets are showing a different type when they are updated.
I dont know where this type change comes from but maybe has something to do with the DLS Cleanup.
I have not had any problems getting assets to work when I have changed the numbers manually to match the asset I have on my computer.
Cheers,
Mike

more finds
the 138423 kuids are by joram24 at RRmods check on the forum there
the 103021 kuids are by Lilb, he was at RRmods but has moved to JR and his assets are not showing there yet.
the 334896 kuids are containers by socalwb909 found on his site here http://socaltrains.weebly.com/

Last edited:
Apologies. I had it in my head someone suggested reducing the Build Number to use an asset in earlier versions of Trainz. That is unlikely to work for many assets. Not noticed the problem you refer to.

Cheers,

Boat

Thank you for your help.

The problem i am having is "wack a mole" where as I attempt to find Dependencies that are needed
more needed Dependencies pop up along with the dreaded
images
unknown assets

boat, eventually I will purchase that but right now I am purchasing JR Payware Engines

This is before I even start to make a route
(though what is causing problems is my old routes where I have either misplaced the Dependencies or that I did not have them to begin with,
as I remember some engines and freight cars not showing up in the "Trainz Car Preview"

this gets back to my suggestion I posted:

New-Options-in-CM-settings-on-what-(how)-a-cdp-is-named-when-you-click-Ctrl-Shift-D

Title: New Options in Content Manager settings on what (how) a cdp is named when you click Ctrl+Shift+D

1) How is the cdp file named ?

a) Item Name
b) KUID Number
c) Item Name + KUID Number
d) KUID Number + Item Name

2) what separates the KUID Number and the Item Name when 1c or 1d is selected ?

a) " - " (space before and after "-")
b) " _ " (space before and after "_")
c) "-" (no space before and after "-")
d) "_" (no space before and after "_")

3) what replaces the "< >" around the KUID Number ?

a) "-"
b) "_"
c) "( )"
d) "space"
e) nothing (deleted)

4) what replaces the ":" in the exported cdp file when KUID numbers are included:

a) "-"
b) "_"
c) "space"
d) nothing (deleted)

5) Does Content Manager Multi-Export to more than one Cdp file when more than one item is selected when you click Ctrl+Shift+D ?

a) Yes (for example if you selected 10 items and clicked Ctrl+Shift+D then 10 cdp files will be exported (one after another) the same as if they were exported one after another manually)
b) No

REFJR2

I quite often find that when all search sources are exhausted I remove the dependency or asset and most times the route will still work.
The biggest problem is that so many assets become "missing" because the update system is faulty and nobody seems to care. The asset is sitting there and when you do a "View asset version" you can see it is on your machine but CM just ignores it. The reason is that it has been listed under a different type.
With exporting cdps, you can select a number of cdps to export but they will be in one large cdp that you name yourself.
cheers,
Mike

that list is waaaay too long, maybe try searching some of the kuids on the dls, because there is no way all of those are from outside the dls.

Back