Swiss train collision

oknotsen

Holder of a broom
A new train accident happened just a few hours ago. This time in Switzerland, in Granges-près-Marnand to be more exact.

The good news is that there are a lot less casualties then the other train accidents we have been reading about the last few weeks. Never the less: 33 injured of which 4 critically.

I did not find an article in English about this accident yet, but here is an article in French (local newspaper) and here is one in Dutch.

1389672_pic_970x641.jpg

Hi everybody.
With the French, Spanish, Italian coach accident today and now this one it certainly seems to be a very bad time in public transport throughout Europe.I would wish to post my sincere condolences to the families, dependents and friends to all those killed in these tragedies and to those who are suffering injuries received in these incidents. Many of them are facing life changing situations through no fault of their own, one can only wish them well as they strive for a future.

As a regular rail passenger in Britain as part of my work I shall be boarding an HST service to London in the morning and then from there to Manchester the following morning. In Britain recently we have had no major incidents but I am sure public transport commuters throughout the country must be feeling some concern regarding the sequence of events happening all around them.

My sincere sympathy for all those injured in this accident and let's hope the casualty figures do not become worse in the coming hours.

Bill

the first thing that I saw on aol.com when I came on because it skipped to news update page two on the top was this and on a video someone said about this: Ok what's going on first Canada then France idk why but anyways then he was like then Spain now this?!

The news this morning confirmed that the train driver of one of the two trains did not survive the incident.

Those researching this accident currently think the accident is the result of a 54 year old train driver passing a red light. He survived the accident by jumping out of the train on time. The 24 year old driver of the other train died.

There is also some good news; the first reports were 35 people injured which has been adjusted to 25.

Back