TS2009:S&C and TS2010 Issue

Jijy16

SketchUp Ding-Dong
Hey all,
So yesterday I bought the TS2009:S&C add on pack from the store as a digital download. My original intent was to install this into my current install of TS2010 and not as a standalone. However, when I start the setup.exe and it prompts me if I want to install the pack as an add on, I hit yes, but it then tells me "The trainz version detected is outdated. Please install the updates from www.settleandcarlisle.co.uk" and it then proceeds to ask me if I want it as a standalone. I did try to select standalone and then choose the TS2010 directory as the install location, but all this did was make my TS2010 run like the standalone S&C (i.e. no surveyor, only British content, no cmp, etc.). So, what I ended up deciding to do was uninstall my TS2010 and then use my TS12 to download all the assets, since TS12 downloads the S&C content whenever I boot it up. Then I'm going to reinstall TS2010 cleanly and use CMP to transfer the CDPs from TS12 to TS2010. I do have multiple trainz versions on my machine if that helps (UTC, TRS2004, TRS2006, TS2010, TS12, Paintshed, Standalone S&C). Since I know the way I've chosen will work, I think I'm just going to go that way, but I was wondering; is there another way I could've gone about this for future reference? Sorry I wrote a book :confused: Thanks in advance

I think, as you have S&C installed as a standalone, all you have to do is copy the SnC.ja file from there to the BuiltIn folder of your TS2010 install, and add the SnC serial number in the Options from the startup splash screen, where your TS2010 serial is entered, and then do a QDR in Content Mangler.

Thanks clam1952 and kenneth18278 but when I try to add my serial number into the options in the launcher it says "Invalid serial number. Please make sure you are using English characters." Which I am? Also I had previously tried moving the .ja from S&C Builtin into the TS2010 Builtin then did an EDR and it still couldn't find the assets and wouldn't accept my S&C serial number. Ah well, C'est la vie. Thanks for your help though!

Looking at the original post, the issue here is an outdated version of TS2010. This means that at least one patch needs to be installed for it to recognise it correctly.

Shane

That is up to date, yes. It's a bit strange why it would not install as an addon though, unless for some reason the folder was not correct.

Have you checked that you aren't making typing errors like 0 for O or o, 5 for S or s, or similar, when entering the serial number?

Shane

That is up to date, yes. It's a bit strange why it would not install as an addon though, unless for some reason the folder was not correct.

Have you checked that you aren't making typing errors like 0 for O or o, 5 for S or s, or similar, when entering the serial number?

Shane

Now that you mention the folder all my Trainz things are in the drive F:\ instead of C:\. However I had the installer in the F:\ drive too.

It depends on the installer itself. As I haven't got SnC, I cannot double-check that one.

However, if it's installed as standalone, it should not be having any problems if you've copied the SnC.ja file into the Builtin folder and entered the serial correctly character by character. N3V may have some ideas though so it may also be worth contacting Helpdesk as well.

Shane

Back