"Tetris" Route Building Challenge

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
Anyone up for it?

RULES:
- Must work in a version of Trainz ranging from TRS2006 to TS2012 (TS12 preferred).
- Can only be made up of 4 baseboards.
- Work must not have any payware assets used. (aka must be releasable, but not saying it will be)
- Route building starts whenever you want.
- List KUIDs used and websites dependencies may come from. (DLS excluded)
- ALL FINISHED ROUTEBUILDERS MUST PM ME FOR MY E-MAIL WITH WHICH YOU MUST SEND ME COMPLETED ROUTE.
- Routes will be judged fairly by me and 2 other friends. (all of various tastes)
- Final winner chosen at latest by August 17th, 2013.
- No nationality, time era, or prototypical requirements.
- No sessions required.

Winner gets bragging rights, unless this turns into a huge thing, then maybe I'll throw in a hornsound or something. :p

DEADLINE: NEXT SATURDAY - AUGUST 10TH, 2013 - MIDNIGHT

Please either reply or PM me if you're participating so I can gauge how many are taking part. :wave:

Thanks,
Joshua

Last edited:
Well, I suppose I could bump it another week... I'll edit the original post then.

I thought it was an okay amount of time for a 4 baseboard route.

- Josh

I won!

After a heated battle against hundreds of competitors, I emerged victorious....

Not really. I was the only one who entered, so I won by default. :hehe:

Foustwell, PA
- A quick, 4 baseboard route. It's now on the DLS <KUID:135014:100214>

This route is based on a real-life area found in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. The center of the route is approximately Latitude 40.224 degrees North and Longitude 78.902 degrees West. This area is 3.7 Miles WSW of Windber, PA and 7.0 Miles SSE of Johnstown, PA.

I chose this area for it's interesting topography: wooded Appalachian mountains, a white water river and 2 railroads! The river is the Stonycreek River (also referred to as Stoney Creek), which is a tributary of the Conemaugh River. The runoff from the mountains in the east that both railroads cross over is known as Kaufman Run. The lower railroad next to the river began as the Johnstown Branch of the Baltimore and Ohio. The upper railroad is part of the South Fork Branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad. Both railroads mainly served nearby coal mines in the early 1900's.

This TS12 route was built using TS12 SP1/HF3 (version 3.7) and features only built-in content and a small amount of assets found on the Trainz Download Station. It's my first published Trainz route - I hope you enjoy it!

Terrain generated by TransDEM.

Some screenshots:

Foustwell1.jpg

Foustwell5.jpg

Foustwell2.jpg

Foustwell4.jpg

Awe, man! How did I miss this?! This surely would have been a fun challenge.

Surely there must be a round two!

PS, excellent route, Sharknose! Downloading right now. :)

Awe, man! How did I miss this?! This surely would have been a fun challenge.

Surely there must be a round two!

PS, excellent route, Sharknose! Downloading right now. :)

I would agree, I somehow missed this too, and would love to have entered.

Back