Trainz™ Simulator 12 on STEAM

And you are telling me to buy another copy of this game ?!

They are two different editions. The Steam edition is tailored towards gaming and is really crap. I bought it a couple of years ago when it was on special and haven't used it much (< 30 hours since buying it) If you want a gaming experience it's okay. If you want to be able to install content from other third parties and build your own layouts then you want the Trainz edition box set which you can also download from the N3V Simulator website.

They are two different editions. The Steam edition is tailored towards gaming and is really crap. I bought it a couple of years ago when it was on special and haven't used it much (< 30 hours since buying it) If you want a gaming experience it's okay. If you want to be able to install content from other third parties and build your own layouts then you want the Trainz edition box set which you can also download from the N3V Simulator website.

Can you give me a link to download what you said ?!

No, there is another edition that's usually found online like on the Walmart Site, and it called Railroad Simulator, Powered by Trainz 2012. It's the same as the Trainz 2012 from Simulator Center, so if you'd like a box version, then look on the Walmart site.

I wouldn't call it a scam, I believe N3V has said in the past that it has to do with how Steam handles things differently making it harder for them to update and keep all the current features.
It is at least bait and switch. If it can't be updated effectively why are they selling a version as multiplayer that never works.

Then the user comes over here and is told to buy the more expensive version from N3V.

Harold

And this is an amazing scam from Auran ... Thanks.

Not a scam by Auran, as Auran does not exsist anymore. N3V is the current owner of Rights to "Trainz", and you were not scammed by them either.
-You got scammed by Steam, who sold you un-usable goods.

Get a refund from STeam, and buy your product directly from N3V, via Simulator Central.

yes, Steam isn't very reliable, and the version also matters. I heard they havn't updated the Steam Version since it came out basically. Also, King, why did you say Auran doesn't exist anymore?

To answer the questions so far:

Auran/N3V - It's due to the fact that Auran do not exist nowadays - N3V Games bought them out effectively.

Steam Updates - Regarding updates, the Steam version has had some updates up to SP1 level, so it should still be compatible with content.

Boxed/Digital - the main difference is that one comes in a box with a DVD disc you install from, and one you have to download and install.

Shane

If that's the case, that would be TS12 SP1 level, although build versions do differ between different versions of the same software.

Shane

Back