Skipton/Carlisle: Why can't you edit route?

Leo1704

I recently brought my Trainz12 up to date with the latest patch. It downloaded the Skipton/Carlisle route for me automatically it seems. However, I can't edit that route and I would love to do so. How come? Is there anyway I can edit that route? What am I doing wrong? I love this route so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Leo.

Don't have TS12 but if it's the same as 2010, clone the route, name the clone something like 'My Skipton/Carlisle' & edit the clone.

Yes, that is what I was able to do with that route prior to TS12 SP1. But this can't be done now. The system prevents you: when you try to change and resave under a new name, it simply won't let you.

Yes, that is what I was able to do with that route prior to TS12 SP1. But this can't be done now. The system prevents you: when you try to change and resave under a new name, it simply won't let you.

It does sound like N3V are painting themselves into a corner by doing this.

Cheerio John

If you still have TS2010 available do as Blackwatch suggests in TS2010. Then from CM save the newly created route to a CDP, then import it into TS12, you now have your own version in TS12 which you can modify as much as you want.

It's so it can be used for multiplayer. It's also annoying. It should be allowed to be cloned and edited

Jamie

Sounds like a very good idea. I have pre SP1 on my other computer, so I will save to CDP. save to external hard drive, and then import. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Just a note to say thanks to you all for your help. It worked. Of course, I very simply solution, but in the heat of disappointment and battle, the simple solutions which stare you in the face don't come to you. Thanks again!

Back