World speed record for steam trains

before SP1 you shouldn't have a problem I know I got a train up much faster then 20mil with out derailing that was back in TR10 days. I think my top speed was 50.1 mil before I got bored and exited the session. I don't rember if i took a screen or not it was a year back.

Last edited:
That's only like 4200 mph... not really that impressive

Wait a sec on the original enginespec? (I read too fast) Ok the 4200-4300 mph just got significantly more impressive.

Last edited:
All sorts of speeds can be run in Trainz if you tweek the engine spec, but this one has a prototypical espec, it is limited to 125mph in DCC mode. Its a bit of a struggle to get it up to that speed in Cab mode.

Cheers,
Bill69
Bill, just confirms the results of my tests over the last several years. Maxspeed tag in the motor container used to have no effect on the speed of user controlled steam locos in CAB MODE. However since TS09 (IIRC) it limits their speed to 110% of that value. 1.10 x 125mph = 138mph. Interesting is it not. Never heard a peep from N3V about it so always thought it was a new "buggy" feature introduced in the game code when they update the steam physics.

Bob Pearson

Alright that's pretty dang impressive. Compared to some of these other guys, Mach 6 isn't much (considering there doing like mach 1000-something). However, you achieved that on the original spec, which is absolutely incredible.

I need to find a SR-71 blackbird, take the mesh and make it a traincar, and then see how much I can push out of it. ;)

Funny actually, I once bought a model and I don't know if the enginespec was faulty or something but when I put it down in Surveyor and then attempted to drive it, it had already shot off at 28,000mph+... Very weird.
Good idea for a thread. I think this could be quite amusing to watch develop.
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Someone say something about the speed of light? ;)

veryfast_zpscc5cc694.jpg~original

Bill

If I'm reading correctly.....

over 1 BILLION MPH???

You know what I think, that is an undeniable victory :hehe:

Actually you sorta broke physics by going faster than the speed of light lol.

There was a steam engine (I can`t remember which one) that when maxed out in cab mode, it just disappears from the route, when you set the cut off to max. No spinning X marks and such. Just "gone"!

If I'm reading correctly.....

over 1 BILLION MPH???

You know what I think, that is an undeniable victory :hehe:

Actually you sorta broke physics by going faster than the speed of light lol.

Yes you are reading it correctly. I did that 3 years ago in TS09. I was playing around with the engine specs on my fast 40 just to see how fast I could get it to go. I hurt my gut I was laughing so hard when I saw what speed it registered.

Bill

Back