raising and lowering heights

anthonyg

To many projects.....
i want to know how i can raise the track or spline height and get the land in surveyor to raise at the same angle to make a perfect transfer. As an example, when you want to build a tunnel and you put the tunnel in lower ground. Then you use the track to connect to the other rails and the tunnel. You want the land to match the decrease or increase in the track height. Can anyone tell me how to do this.....i am using Trs 2004

Track laying

Hi anthonyg,

Bring out the track tab then click on advanced at the bottom of the tab. There you will see icons for finding and for adjusting the spline height. After you have adjusted the spline height click on the icon farthest to the right, then click on the rail this will bring the ground to the correct height for where you have set the rail.

Hope this helps,
Bill69

G'day anthonyg,

The answer to your question lies in the manual (as I always say; "when all else fails RTFM")! Anyway, to save you the trouble, there is a button in Surveyor under the 'Track Laying Tab' accessed through the 'Advance' Drop Down Menu known as the "Smooth Spline Height" button (it's the one in the top right hand corner of the Drop Down Menu). If you LMB click on this 'icon' and then click on any section of track, the surrounding terrain will magically raise or lower to follow the gradient of the track section you have selected. If the track is higher than the terrain, the land will form an embankment, if the existing terrain is above the track, a cutting will be created.

...RTFM...RTFM...RTFM...RTFM...

Jerker {:)}

G'day anthonyg,

The answer to your question lies in the manual (as I always say; "when all else fails RTFM")! Anyway, to save you the trouble, there is a button in Surveyor under the 'Track Laying Tab' accessed through the 'Advance' Drop Down Menu known as the "Smooth Spline Height" button (it's the one in the top right hand corner of the Drop Down Menu). If you LMB click on this 'icon' and then click on any section of track, the surrounding terrain will magically raise or lower to follow the gradient of the track section you have selected. If the track is higher than the terrain, the land will form an embankment, if the existing terrain is above the track, a cutting will be created.

But the land will be 0.3 m to low and the teack looks like it's floting in the air you can fix this by setting the Spline Height 0.3m higher and bring the land to that hght then lower the Spline Height 0.3 it's a lot more work but it looks much better.:mad::mad: :confused: may be a better fix somewhere.
joe13

Back