DLS Cleanup Program

timberdv

I have repaired an Item on the DLS cleanup program.

How do I make it a new version?

How do I make A cdp file so I Can upload it?

Because it is not my Kuid, Content Manager will not allow me to do either of the above.

Thanks for any help here.

Dave

It should let you do a CDP file - right-click/Save to CDP.

Regarding making it a new version, you will need to do this manually using Notepad or a similar program.

Shane

Need to edit outside of the editing folder if it's not your kuid and upload using the web page only not CM.

Dave,

You can upload content created by others only if you have claimed it in the DLS Cleanup Process.

You need to change the Kuid number to the next version and this is not always easy. As mentioned using Notepad is one way. What I do as I have a number of versions of Trainz is to repair items in 2010 and test them there. Then I change the kuid number, so if it is a "kuid2" version I increase the versions number by one, "kuid2:123456:1234:2". Now the item is open for edit, I go to TS12 and import the content from 2010 into there. I then test it in TS12.

Once I am happy and the item has been committed I can highlight the item, right click and make a CDP file, saving it somewhere I can remember. This CDP file can now be uploaded from the DLS Cleanup Page.

For the old item in 2010 that is open for edit, change the kuid number back to the original and commit it.

Hope this helps and makes sense,

Craig
:):):)

Back