A and SLT MP TS12 CAD 8.2 Layout & Session on DLS

Razor01

Trainz Veteran
Hi everyone,

I've uploaded a new revision of the A and SLT Multiplayer route & session V8.2. It fixes a few items we had run into. This is built for TS12 SP1 HF3.

Hope to see you there! I'll try to keep a session running as much as possible.

Razor01

Sorry, spoke too soon - the new version won't run - something about missing assets or dependencies (lol). Anyone by any chance know what that means (Roflmao)!

Absolutely stupid - this is getting maddening when you update a new route and session (that worked the last time you uploaded it) and it doesn't work now, without adding any new content whatsoever! All I did was fix some track and a few other minor things.

Well Auran, N3V, or whoever - I'm really not sure what your company name is these days - shall I blow it up now or continue the wait for a stable Trainz 2012 to rise from the dead...

Very frustrated again!

Razor01

And now it works.

I first had done a quick database repair - that wasn't enough. Tried an extended database repair and voila - now it works.

Still no idea why it just can't work without having to do a 2 hour plus database fix.

Razor01

Hey Trackman53,

I know that databases need maintenance, but Trainz2012 needs one about every day or two - a little excessive on the maintenance requirement I would think - especially for a game.

I've played a lot of games that have large databases over the last 25 years or so, but this one requires the most babysitting I've ever experienced. And the multiplayer / server issues are worst by far than any that I've ever seen & used as well.

I truly hope they find a way to stabilize it soon. On my last update, you could only update it from within Trainz - it showed up on the DLS 4 days after uploading but was actually available before then. All these inconsistencies wear on people after awhile.

Anyhow, to everyone out there, it's up and running at the moment and I do appreciate any input on things that don't work or are missing so that the next update can include any fixes necessary.

Thanks for all the input I've received so far - it really helps the process. I'll be on again later tonight hopefully.

Regards,
Razor01

Back