The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're talking about diet the Daily Mail reports:

England may have put mungbean curry, quinoa and goji berries on their Australian menus, much to the merriment of their hosts, but Peter Siddle has a more traditional yet quite extreme diet. He eats bananas. Lots of them.

Not just at meal times either. For Siddle, the man who took a hat-trick against England in the first Test at the Gabba on their last Australian tour, eats a staggering 15 to 20 bananas a day as part of his conversion to veganism.

AgentDarkShadow from Watford comments that '... getting amongst the runs will be easier for him now.'

Although cricket is a minority sport up here northern part of the Kingdom in the land of mountain and flood it is still played. Before WW2 my Boys' Brigade Company won the Glasgow Battalion Cricket Cup so many times I think maybe that is why they dropped it! We must have been a kind of singular lot at summer camp as a Scottish Company that played it at camp as well (!).

Hmmm, I guess you should never gloat until you've batted. Well done Aussies, don't do it again though.
What happened did we win ?. I don't think i have sat and watched any cricket since Chappell and Lillie were in there lol.

What happened did we win ?. I don't think i have sat and watched any cricket since Chappell and Lillie were in there lol.
A passable bowling performance I believe.

I shall be bumping up the KS today in memory of English cricket which expired at the Gabba. Ashes II, this time it's personal! ;)

A passable bowling performance I believe.

I shall be bumping up the KS today in memory of English cricket which expired at the Gabba. Ashes II, this time it's personal! ;)

Perhaps you could throw in a quid for every run scored? Based on this afternoon's performance KS would not benefit by much. :hehe:

6 for the princely sum of 39 in one session is what I heard on the news. It might be more interesting if there were less cricket on TV or if the West Indies could retain their form of 20 years ago.

Perhaps I should have watched it instead of building cab interiors. It may never happen again. :eek:

Nothing is over until the fat lady sings.

At least it looks like we have reintroduced matruck to the joys of cricket.

LOL you mean it's not over and i just gloated Darn i need to start watching the new's a bit more often lol.
Cheers Mick.:)

This is about the only time I would like to have Sky. I just don't enjoy cricket on the radio.

As a Jock, I would like England to win (which may surprise some) but I have to admit, the day I watched the Black Caps play England at the Cake Tin in Welly, and hand out the second biggest ODI defeat ever at that time, I couldn't help but smile...

This is about the only time I would like to have Sky. I just don't enjoy cricket on the radio.

Crikey! Are you saying that there is NO free to air cricket shown on Pommy TV? If so, how did that get past the regulator?

Bob (CRO)

Aussies lead the series, winning the first test by 381 runs. Poms, this is the time you shut up and eat humble pie. thanks

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back