The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested, why is Clarke so disliked in Aus? He's good to watch batting and a reasonable captain, so there must be something else?

Looking forward to the next match now, hoping it's a good match, with England coming out on top of course........

He might be ok as a batter but as a captain, he is a complete idiot. He is the ulitmate prima donna, hasn't got any hope of melding the side to his authority. Just look at all the scandels from this team and how poorly they play.

Anybody who follows any team sport will know that a poor captain breeds a poor team who can't win matches. This is Clarke's problem. Doesn't even come close to Allan Border, Steve Waugh, Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Andrew Strauss, etc.

Until we get a captain for Australia who can meld the team, then we will be losers.

Regards
Peter

Congratulations to England for winning the Fourth Test and the Ashes earlier this evening in what was a remarkable final session after tea. When I left work, around 5.40, the Aussies looked on course for a, somewhat unlikely, victory and by the time I got home there was a full scale collapse going on with Stuart Broad on the rampage! Who needs the superficial attractions of bish bash bosh T20 cricket when you have the sublime excitement of the test variety?

Well done Stuart Broad and Ian Bell and also Ryan Harris, who I believe had the best bowling figures for an Australian in England since Warne and McGrath in 2001. Shame he wasn't given better support from the batsmen.

So on to the Oval, which is my 'home' test, just a couple of miles up the road.

Paul

England have the Ashes, for a whole 3 months. Possibly the hollowist of victories.

Australia in Australia? A tougher prospect I think.

As you know England have had the Ashes since 2009. This is the third series win in a row and the fourth out of five since 2005. You also know the three months is a fluke due to the vagaries of the scheduling which gives us 'back to back' Ashes series this year.

I don't think 3-0 is a 'hollow victory' - England were helped by the weather at Old Trafford certainly, but were worth their victories at Trent Bridge and Lords and what happened at Chester-le-Street demonstrates the deep reserves they have to come back and win even when below par. I don't argue that England are the best test team in the world at the moment - South Africa and India might have something to say about that - but the Australians are a team in transition and perhaps more fragile than England at moments of intense pressure.

Australia in Australia is certainly a tougher prospect, and more so as I don't think England are as good as they were 18 months ago. But they have demonstrated that they have a deep will to win, so we shall see.

In the meantime, we enjoy our ownership of the urn and look forward to the Oval in the week's time. :)

Paul

Australia 31 for 1 at time of posting

'
Good crowd at The Gabba.

Potential for a few more pledges with a 42,000 capacity.

Just how far is it from the N3V office?:D

m7kv.jpg

Rather childish really. The Chappell brothers stomped all over the spirit of cricket before SB was born.
Yeah in ya dreams. The Chappell brohers only gave back what they received.
While the Aussies aren't posting in this thread all is going well :)
We just do not wish to stoop to a Pom's level is all. Actually if you had of read the England Cricket Team's food wish list before they came out here you'd fall over laughing what a bunch of softie's LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back